How did you find Arachnoboards?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I acquired a feisty juvenile Heterometrus species yesterday from a reputable family owned pet store and sought more info on its care and specifically identification it was sold to me generically as a Asian Forest Scorpion. I plan to expand my collection to include more scorps and other invertebrates and lizards.

Tuisto

Arachnosquire
Its blatantly everywhere on search engines, thankfully. But sadly so are a lot of caresheets that stress HUMIDITY and for every species..while seldom mentioning the ventilation aspect. Oh well... Glad to have found this place! :)

Uial

Arachnosquire
I watched Tom Moran to help me overcome my Arachnophobia. He mentioned the forum as a good resource. I was a silent participant for a long while. Just reading about the T's fascinated me. And when I wasn't scared of spiders anymore I decided to get a T. Now I have seven:troll:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I had an Aphonopelma seemanni for many years, named her Terri. I lost her, many years ago, when a blizzard took out the power in my classroom over Christmas Break. I've missed her...

I now have several Aphonopelma hentizi, 2 mature males, 1 mature female and an immature female. I had given my students a research topic on tarantulas...when I read over their reports, this site was mentioned in several of the reports. I lurked for a few weeks, and now I've joined.

I recently purchased 5 GBB slings, to show my students how varied tarantulas can be...and now, I'm afraid I'm getting hooked. I'm already looking at purchasing a few more...after my current slings have put on some size.

Rlb0wma1

Arachnopeon
So a few years ago I got a spider. I knew nothing about them and had a terrible fear of them but the tarantulas just intrigue me. I got it at an expo. The guy told me it was a Goliath pink toe which I’m not sure is even a real T now. It was about 4-5 inches. I decided I was going to give it some wild grasshoppers that I caught on some family land that I knew hadn’t been treated or even walked on in many years so I thought it was safe. Well dummy me didn’t even think about parasites which I should’ve known about since I have reptiles. Well my spider loved them but unfortunatly they killed it. I ended up giving my spider parasites. A few years later I decide to try again but this time I wanted to do everything right so I researched and researched and stumbled upon Tom Moran. He has taught me everything I know. I now have two slings and want so many more and now I know I have the information to make right by my old spidey. So Tom Moran brought me here to learn even more!

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
Mostly doing research for possible tarantulas to keep,and from certain you tube video recommendations. Good variety of keepers to source from and kinda pick through to see what may work best for you. 🤙

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
For years and years almost everytime I searched crawling related stuff on the interweb I would see the Arachnoboards Google suggestions, and I simply dismissed it as I assumed it was all just foreign or exotic species that wouldn't concern me.
Wish I had joined here a long time ago, the knowledge and inspiration I get from here is amazing, not to mention all the great ppl I've met.

rhysie

Arachnopeon
i was googling for information on caring for isopods!! skipped past arachnoboards a few times and finally clicked on it when i was looking for info on breeding them ^_^ really glad i decided to check it out!

jnet

Arachnopeon
I was referred by a friend, I was trying to find information on invertebrates that were allowed in Canada, so I read through a ton of posts here and came to the same conclusion most of my fellow countrymen have. But that was before I was introduced to the Vinegaroon! And then I couldn't get this girl out of my head :)

Clickbait

Arachnopeon
I've had a growing interest in arachnids ever sine I joined r/vinegaroons roughly a year ago, and few weeks back I was trying to find more information on amblypygi and a few google searches eventually brought me here!

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I wanted to know more about scorpions and how to take care of them, and the wealth of info on here was probably the best place to come to for all of that! I lurked in the scorpion forums for about a year before I joined up as a member.

Erica Danielle

Arachnosquire
Round of applause for Tom from Tom’s Big Spiders! I found out about this forum through his blogs & podcasts.

Mason79

Arachnopeon
I found it doing research before purchasing spiders. Found so many contradicting care sheets for c. Versicolor, I decided I needed to find someone who actually has them. Glad I did too. I would've kept my enclosure at 80% humidity and probably killed the little thing.