How dare she?!?!

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, I've been gone from home for two days now.. and will be gone for nearly a month. My gravid P. Murinus (Pterrah) had the odacity to secretly lay her 2nd sack (she double clutched, first one was so small it was mistaken for a intruding spider's sack - one which was hidden in the cork bark. It had only 3-5 eggs inside) and hide it! We re-housed her about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and for that time she has acted as if nothing had happened. She came out to be handled, she was nice and curious when I was poking my camera all up in her web for pics to add to the thread of OBT enclosures and webbings. My roomie looked into her cage as he does every night, only to find tonight what appeared to be a pinky nail sized sack hidden part way into her substrate: With babies crawling everywhere! He's estimating 70 or so of the wee eggs with legs! I'm so stoked, but so angry she had to wait 2 days after I left to reveal them!

Sadly, my roomate is scared to death of her and will not remove the sack to re-house the babies. Ah well, he mists the Ts well and the conditions for them are pretty ideal. I wanted to keep them in with her anyways until they were larger. Now I am a sad daddy and want to hurry this buisness trip up to see my wee little ones!

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when do you get back? you might have some escape slings on the loose by the time you do if he doesnt remove the eggs/babies.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good thing theyre communal as slings... afaik.
love the webbing pics of the little slings together from that other thread. xhedx had some good ones.

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They should still be in the sac if they're eggs with legs. :?

Hopefully they don't desiccate.

Did your roommate mean to say that they're first instars?