[Inquiry] Hillbillyreptiles.com

fieldarachno

Arachnopeon
I checked this site out because they seem to have some Ts that I'm looking for. As I looked deeper though some things about the site just seemed...off. Links were broken, "free shipping" for everything and the grammar and spelling left a lot to be desired. I tried doing a google search on reviews and I'm coming up with nothing which again kind of seems like a red flag. I've been looking everywhere for this one T that they claim to have but I don't want to get ripped off. Apologies if this is incorrectly referenced as this is my first time posting here :)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
They seem to be a pretty new and pretty small operation from what I saw on their Facebook and YouTube pages. Probably why you don't see any feedback for them. <edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
Nearly all the Ts listed -- even very common ones, all CB -- are 'preorder'. This seller is very likely an arbitrage-style seller, who sells an animal they don't actually have, and then hunts one up and has it drop shipped to you. There are some of these businesses in the reptile hobby, and as a general rule buyers get very poor quality animals, if they get anything at all.

The business address listed also is an address of hillbillypartyplace.com (?) and is a formerly listed address (Google's bot lists it) of hahareptiles.com, which is one of the most poorly regarded online herp shippers out there.

Suspicious website? Google the address, Google the phone number, follow the clues. Something still smell funny? Don't eat it.

Avoid this one at all costs. Wait for the T you want to be available at a known, quality seller. Support only known, quality sellers so that the hobby doesn't get swamped by thieves and scammers.

fieldarachno

Arachnopeon
Nearly all the Ts listed -- even very common ones, all CB -- are 'preorder'. This seller is very likely an arbitrage-style seller, who sells an animal they don't actually have, and then hunts one up and has it drop shipped to you. There are some of these businesses in the reptile hobby, and as a general rule buyers get very poor quality animals, if they get anything at all.

The business address listed also is an address of hillbillypartyplace.com (?) and is a formerly listed address (Google's bot lists it) of hahareptiles.com, which is one of the most poorly regarded online herp shippers out there.

Suspicious website? Google the address, Google the phone number, follow the clues. Something still smell funny? Don't eat it.

Avoid this one at all costs. Wait for the T you want to be available at a known, quality seller. Support only known, quality sellers so that the hobby doesn't get swamped by thieves and scammers.
Yeah this was pretty much the direction I was headed. Thanks for your help.