help please!!

PERIKIN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi everybody,could you help me sexing scolopendras??i have no idea about how it is.thanks very much!!these are my two scolopendra cingulatus.do you now what they are,male,female....???
two first photos are from one of them and the ones in the white box is the other one.

Attachments

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Caveat Emptor!!!

ok, bear in mind in a complete idiot and newbie.

but if you notice on the terminating leg there are a couple little bumps?

i've read that in some species, the male exhibits some flattening and ridging of the femur and prefemur in the terminating legs. so basically if you had a big enough group you should be able to notice a difference in the terminating legs.

also the ratio of "legginess", that is, the ratio of (leg length)/(body width) *might* be higher in the males of some species

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate to be the killjoy here but it looks like your 'pedes are suffering from a terrrible case of mites. I would use the search engine and read up on how to get rid of them before it is too late. :(

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you refered to "mites" of a kind of infections ( excuse my tinny english language) blue coloured?

I think that is too difficult to sex any pede just looking the terminal legs, but I don't know any other kind to sex pedes ( and this method also is no perfect).

Nice looking cingulatas ( not cingulatus) perikin, they are similar to mine.

P.D: a ver cuando te conectas al puto i jodido messenger que quiero hablar contigo cacho cabron :cool: .

PERIKIN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Weeeeee

Morningstar,it Is Not A Case Of Mites,it Is Earth From Where They Went Found.i'll Make Some Photos Where They Are Now,for You To See How Clean Are They Now,jajajjaja.
Me Conecto Tos Los Dias Kedao Androctonus,jejjejeje.
Cingulata,i Know,too Many Latin Words,jejejejee

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Androctonus_bic said:
I think that is too difficult to sex any pede just looking the terminal legs, but I don't know any other kind to sex pedes ( and this method also is no perfect).

cabron
^
|
lol, i know what that means

i agree the terminal leg method is chupando :)
if the centipede loses its terminal leg and then grows them back it changes the way they look, which would make this method mas dificil

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=44457
this is a paraphrase from a book i read

see, your english is MUCH better than my spanish

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
^
|
lol, i know what that means

if the centipede loses its terminal leg and then grows them back it changes the way they look, which would make this method mas dificil

see, your english is MUCH better than my spanish
Yes, The red hot chilli pepers has a song titlet like it. ( spanish people are very umpolite, but we are not angry)

Be careful when you are trayin to say hahaha, I prefer sex pedes just looking the terminal legs. Your method is too strange, licking terminal legs for sex pedes, are you crazy? ;) ( don't worry, I understand that you said, for mi is not easy sexing pedes)

My english is not good, but here in this boards I'm learning a lot. Try you the same in a spanish forum. ;) It is a good xperience, but the info is worse than here( this is the best forum I ever had about scorps and myriapods).

PERIKIN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jajjajajjaja,chupando??it means sucking in spanish,a little difficult,isn't it??
keep on working on your spanish cacoseraph,you are on the good way.
try to make apost all in spanish.it would be funny.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was wondering if it might be sand and not mites, breing a recent capture explains it.

So many nice centipedes in Spain, and right near Madrid! We have friends in Spain, time for a visit :) .

Wade

PERIKIN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anyone of you will be wellcome.we will receive you with open hands,jajajjaja.you only have to tell when dou you come to visit us and we'll prepare a good party(more than one sure).
yes,it is sand wade.good eye yours!!