Hello MTV welcome to my new crib

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since "Rock Star"(A.metallica) has been doing laps in its Vial, I decided to give it a bigger crib.
Later

William

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice set-up William

Not to give ya' a hard time, but if it were me, I would have given it maybe one more molt before moving it to that new home. But just as long as the T can find its food, it should be ok.

Good luck with it.:)

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My spiders don't have problems finding food in the tanks that are considerably larger than that, in regards to spider to tank ratio.

If needs be, simply place the food nearer to the spider

Nice set up! From which side do you heat it? Or heated room? I'd be interested to see the spiders 'web/nest' area it constructs, and where ti chooses to. In the past I've provided Avics with "central decoration" and the ignoramuses have simply webbed in the corner, totally ignoring my efforts :/

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
re feeding

I was going to wait, but its so active, I thought it would be ok. When I feed the slings I use tweezers and place the food item at the entrance of the web. There is a bottle cap of water, but they rarely use it, so I mist them. My A.braun is so used to this routine that it periodically(spelling) waits at the entrance for me to feed it.

Burnt: Yea, its a small beanie baby cube, used aquarium silicone to affix the silk plants to the corner. I waited till it was fully set/dry and no smell of wet silicone present,(2-3 days) then put the sling in.

Deifiler: As far as heat, I set it next to my scorp tank and use the radient heat from there, same with my A.braun. I'll snap a pic and post it along with a web shot. Along with that and the gereral warmth of my room from the Usambara, and Rose hair(10 gal long) tank no need to use extra heat, saves on the cost of energy:D
Later

William

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: re feeding

Originally posted by Hairyspider
Burnt: Yea, its a small beanie baby cube, used aquarium silicone to affix the silk plants to the corner. I waited till it was fully set/dry and no smell of wet silicone present,(2-3 days) then put the sling in.
William
I don't bother with hot glue or silicone in the beanie baby type enclosures, I just drill a hole for the silk plant stem and poke it through and then bend it over......
Ed

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
drill holes

never thought of that, would be easier:D
her are the pics I mentioned in the earlier reply
First up, the sling shelf, surrounding my scorp

Attachments