H.Maculata dented abdomen?

Phoeberb

Arachnopeon
Hey!

so I’ve not seen my maculata in so longgg, she/he finally came out and it looks like her abdomen is dented? Two little dents or a circular/line dent?

is this okay? Had her from a sling and would be devastated if something was to happen. She has an appetite and is sprayed/given water as required. She lives inside a tube cork bark 99% of the time and her body is probably 3/4 inches long.
IMG_9503.png

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I do not make out any clear deformation myself. The spider looks plump

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's not good. Mine never had that, nor any other T.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
looks like a hair or string binding. You will have to get her out and inspect, good luck. can you get a picture of the underside?

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I think I'm seeing a giant dent.. severe dehydration/can't eat, or leaked out a bunch of fluid from an injury if so. Did it move from that spot? i.e. the hair binding. Has it eaten lately? Infertile sac tossed in a corner somewhere?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Reminds me of what's going on with my B. hamorii right now. I think she's having problems retaining fluids. All I can say to you is make sure you top off that water dish as often as possible, that's what I'm trying to do.

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Yeah my little I. mira that was way too fat and I thought could molt a second time even.. ate a newborn dubia and was fine, then I saw it missing 2 legs, then I saw a trail of hemolymph and it was hanging out in the water dish for awhile, never saw where it was leaking from. It developed a dent and didn't make it. Only thing I can think is it fell or there was a problem with the molt not immediately apparent. Preserved in alcohol now and it should be clear where exactly it was leaking from, but there's nothing. Good luck. As said keep the dish full, maybe offer wet food like a hornworm.