Guidance needed! A. liouvillei reproduction attempt

HammerHeadWormz

Arachnopeon
Today, I paired my A. liouvillei and observed for a long time, nothing happened so I stepped away, in a very short time frame I came back to check on them and found a weird gel in a straight line and some white stuff that I assumed is poop inside a plastic hide. There is a stone he could've used but nope. Now I did not know that besides the spermatophore with the hook, there is also the gelatinous sperm package. I also didn't realize they would use other surfaces than rock.

I am certain what the "gel" inside the hide was... It was from the male... only problem is that I assumed at the moment it was all poo and rinsed the hide like an idiot.

Given how scorpions mate, you would assume the male dropping that, he would've dragged her over top of it straight after it hit the ground or she'd go into a trance and walk over it, and then it wouldn't matter what happened to it after that right? Even if it was 5 mins I stepped away, if he dropped that sperm package, and they're both still alive, then it was likely successful breeding attempt & I can remove him and expect babies in 4-6 months right? Or should I leave him in? Can he try to court her again? Do they have more than 1 spermatophore / gelatinous sperm package so if attempt #1 fails they can keep going?

Last edited: