Got Sex?

Nepenthes101

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. I'm new here and new to spiders. I have a very nice P Rufilata that I just recently got. I'm not sure what gender it is. Can anyone here help me?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pictures ventrally aren't very good.....

But dorsally Id presume a male

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hard to tell from those pics, but if I had to guess I would say male. Clearer pics would help though.

Nepenthes101

Arachnopeon
My camera isn't a very good one. If this is a Male, does anyone out there have a Female. I would love to breed this species and do a 50/50 sling split.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
does look very male.. It doesnt look like he is mature though.. you have to wait until he is mature to breed

Nepenthes101

Arachnopeon
Cool. Also, I'm bringing in a P. Regalis, P. Ornata and a Togo Starburst . So if any of you guys would like to eventually do some breeding, please feel free to contact me. I'll be receiving the new T's sometime next week.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
You just started keeping Ts correct? Why jump to the most medicaly significant (Poecilotheria sp.) tarantula? I think you should keep Ts for a while longer before trying breeding. These are not very good beginner Ts. since they are not one to be handled.. and they have a very painful bite.

Nepenthes101

Arachnopeon
You just started keeping Ts correct? Why jump to the most medicaly significant (Poecilotheria sp.) tarantula? I think you should keep Ts for a while longer before trying breeding. These are not very good beginner Ts. since they are not one to be handled.. and they have a very painful bite.
LOL. I'm a risk taker. Plus I love the Pokies. They have the best color patterns on them. I eventually want to get a P. Metallica and some other Pokies. I've been watching alot of Tarantulaguys (Rob) youtube vids on how to handle Pokies with extreme care.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Oh boy... You should start reading books. Tarantula keepers guide is a good book. I do like robc's videos. he doesnt even try to handle pokies after getting bit.. if you havnt seen it he gets bit by a huge p. ornata

Nepenthes101

Arachnopeon
Oh boy... You should start reading books. Tarantula keepers guide is a good book. I do like robc's videos. he doesnt even try to handle pokies after getting bit.. if you havnt seen it he gets bit by a huge p. ornata
I saw that one. I really love his videos of him and his slings. I love watching them tiny guys all jump around, LOL. I've watched most of his vids I believe. Very very informational. I got a bunch of great ideas from his vids when It comes time I build some containers.