Gigantea "Robusta" not eatting

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi folks !!
Funny thing going on here. I have had many centipedes the last 8 years. My S.Gigantea eats everytime I feed it and is growing very fast. My S.Gigantea "Robusta" form shed last December 1st. That means it probably last ate around November 1st or so. It has not eaten since !!
It looks plenty healthy though. Still moves fast....sleeps all the time and is still fat. I put it in the window a few times to increase temps but it still won't eat. I also put in an adult male B. Dubia roach....no interest. :mad:
This is one of my prize pedes....don't want to loose it !

Any ideas.....both the Robusta and Gigantea are kept the same conditions !
Other pedes doing fine too..............

Bob

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Yow Bob,...

have ya tried a cricket cut in half,
offered with a tweezer in front of its mouth ?

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Steven....I will try that tonight. Last week I put a roach on it's back and it was moving it's legs like crazy. The peed just went the the way. Funny because before it's last molt it ate every time I through it a cricket.

Bob

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I figured it out ! It was to cold. The room is 68F or so. I put it in the window. Sun is shinning today.....it ate about 30 minutes later !! :D

Bob

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my big vietnamese pede refuses food for the last 2 month ... he look's healty but never move very fast all aruond the tank, he will walk prety slow and chill in the middle of the tank from time to time ... I cant understand him, everything is well in the tank ... humidity, tempratuer ... next time i'll try to put a pinky mouse in front of his mouth that was my next time immediatly when he get out of his hole