Gah! I hate airborne

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My order was supposed to come in yesterday... but it got screwed up by airborne and spent an extra night freezing in transit... as a result... one beautiful dead A.moderatum(about 2.5-3"). All others are fine I believe.

Pamphobetus vespertinus(3.5") is eating well and has drank and is active.
Pamphobetus Platyomma(1.5") eating and seems well.
Cyclosternum Fasciatum(the one I am confused on... after seeing it I believe it is fasciatum. but was thought to be pentalore as its from guatemala- Female 4") is eating and seems well
A.Versi (.75" eating and seems well.
A.miniatrix (.5") hasnt eaten but when I moved it to its home it bolted like nuts so it seems healthy... I think the half a cricket I gave it is to big....

So if one had to kick the can I am glad it was her... really fantastic looking specimen... but of the 6 she is the most easily replaceable... even though its not Chris' fault... I am still waiting to here if he will replace it since it was DOA...

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Glad they're all doing well (sorry about your moderatum). I'm getting an order today, but due to me forgetting to turn my alarm on, I missed the UPS man. I can't pick them up at UPS until 7pm. I called UPS and tried everything but offering sexual favors to get it sooner, but it was a no go. God I hope they're okay, I'll never forgive myself if they don't make it. 2 hours and 15 minutes to go....................:(

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You have obviously never dealt with UPS... sexual favors are THE only way to get them to serve you well... DHL, USPS and Fed ex I have had good experiences with but airborne and usps either alwasy screw up or wont/cant help me when these is an issue...

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I even asked her to tell me (in approximation) where the truck was supposed to be, but I got the whole "that's against our policy" spiel. Lovely. 335,000 people in this city, many UPS trucks..the chance of me finding the right one and not get arrested is highly unlikely.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have not had any problems with airborne, but years ago the USPS took 5 days to deliver an overnight package in Dec., I lost an entire $300 order to the cold.

Andy

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I was wrong about the P.vespertinus... it hasnt eatn... they are actually sbuggled up together... Hmmm... based on its butt... it may be pre molt... I think its fine based on how active it was...

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by vulpina
I have not had any problems with airborne, but years ago the USPS took 5 days to deliver an overnight package in Dec., I lost an entire $300 order to the cold.

Andy
I can go ya one better. I mailed in a job application last December, 2002. It was received on February 14th, 2003. Need I say the application didn't make the deadline? Now I'll only Fed-Ex anything of value.

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Deliverme314
My order was supposed to come in yesterday... but it got screwed up by airborne and spent an extra night freezing in transit... as a result... one beautiful dead A.moderatum(about 2.5-3"). All others are fine I believe
I cant believe out of all those tropical species the native moderatum perished...That's kind of sadly ironic...Put them in a nice high temperature area, they will be fine...I've revived a couple T's from bad shipping experiences...

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, DHL bought out airborne

Originally posted by Deliverme314
You have obviously never dealt with UPS... sexual favors are THE only way to get them to serve you well... DHL, USPS and Fed ex I have had good experiences with but airborne and usps either alwasy screw up or wont/cant help me when these is an issue...
so maybe their service will improve, AIrborne lost my T order twice, and I have connections!.
DHL though, has changed all sorts of policies in the company(my bf works for Airborne), so I am not gonna hold my breath that things will improve.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I work as a cost analyst for deutsche post global mail which is Brother company to DHL who has recently absorbed airborne so I am very familiar with them. ... in other words... I aint holdin my breathe either.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I got the package, after waiting at UPS for an hour. So far all 4 seem to be alive, but are very very cold. Hope they make it through it.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by LPacker79
I got the package, after waiting at UPS for an hour. So far all 4 seem to be alive, but are very very cold. Hope they make it through it.
I am sure they will all my lil frozen guys seem to be ok. I am actually slightly worried about my P.vespertinus because it wont eat... but hopefully it is in premolt. I am probobly just paranoid because it is so rare and it cost me 95 bucks... this sucker would be near impossible to replace

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I am actually slightly worried about my P.vespertinus because it wont eat...
I'd be happy just to see mine move. I just checked on them, the T. purpureus is moving a little. Nothing from the T. latipes, T. plumipes, or E. uatuaman yet.......crossing my fingers and toes. All my "crossables" as Nixy would say!

They're all absolutely gorgeous, I'll be heartbroken if they don't make it.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by LPacker79
I'd be happy just to see mine move. I just checked on them, the T. purpureus is moving a little. Nothing from the T. latipes, T. plumipes, or E. uatuaman yet.......crossing my fingers and toes. All my "crossables" as Nixy would say!

They're all absolutely gorgeous, I'll be heartbroken if they don't make it.
wow! Sounds like you got some fantastic T's though... man... any of those would be a tragedy to loose.

Its not moving now... its tucked up in its hide. But when I got him in his tank he seemed to move fine and drank alot which would be a good sign...

I guess I shall cross all my crossables that it is in premolt and thats why it isnt eating.

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gee, after reading these horror stories, I think I will go ahead and wait until January to order...like I had planned in the first place. Hubby and I were going to get a couple T's for the kids for christmas, but now I think we'll just hold off until the holiday rush is over. Does it make much of a difference when you order? Is airborne better abuot it's service when it's off season?

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by metzgerzoo
Gee, after reading these horror stories, I think I will go ahead and wait until January to order...like I had planned in the first place. Hubby and I were going to get a couple T's for the kids for christmas, but now I think we'll just hold off until the holiday rush is over. Does it make much of a difference when you order? Is airborne better abuot it's service when it's off season?
last time there was a fiasco with them too where they lost it but were able to locate it and have it delivered late that evening...

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldnt mail anything at all Airborne. They DELIVERED my PS2 to Texas . It was signature required on delivery. They didnt get a signature and the driver admits he left it on the wrong door step. I insured it for $300 but they told me I MAY get my money back by April ! ! ! :mad: