First T Death

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aside from tiny sling deaths, this is the first T death I experienced. I had four OBTs and they were all molting within a few days of each other and were all kept in the same conditions as each other, so why this one was the one to pass is a mystery.

As I had mentioned, they were all on pretty much the same molting schedule, but this one probably didn't get the memo for the last one, which was about two weeks ago. My other three are now about 2.75" while this one was at no more than 2.5" and it was more of brownish color than its almost-bright orange siblings. The morning of the day that it died, I saw it lying next to its water dish (that had water in it), and when I picked up and moved its KK, it didn't budge. I also noticed that it was missing the third leg on its left side and thought nothing of it.

I then went out and came back late at night and I checked on my Ts. This one had moved and was in the corner, sitting awkwardly, almost as if it was sitting in a recliner. Its front right leg was stretched upward, grabbing onto some webbing, while its other front legs and pedipalps were curled underneath. On its right side, the second and third legs were now missing. It didn't move again when I lifted its KK and set it down away from my other Ts. The next morning, it was in the same position. When I got home from work that evening, it was still in the same position, so I knew it was gone.

I took some pictures, just for documentation purposes, but I thought I'd post them here anyway, in case anyone has any idea what may have contributed to its death. When I pulled it out of its KK, its abdomen was very limp and squishy. It also looks like it was about to fall off.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yikes. Man, that sucks. It's possible that it lost too much hemolymph from casting off the first leg but that doesn't explain why it cast a couple more. Maybe something genetic... ? Contamination of some sort should always be considered. It's very easy to pick up some pesticide or chemical on your daily journies then bring it home to your pets. It may also have been the result of internal injury sustained from a fall but P murinus are usually better at not falling than most terrestrials.

:( :( :(

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sad to see and hear. Hope the rest of them do very well and give you some good sacs to make up for any losses. This was your first, may it be a long time until your next.
Rev

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From the looks of those pics it almost looks like the exoskeleton was deteriorating. Weird. :confused:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Omar, I'm so sorry for your loss!!!!!!!!!!!! I send you a hug and Miss Morgaine sends snakey kisses.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I was planning on downsizing my collection since I'm moving soon, but obviously not like this. :wall: At least everyone else appears happy and healthy.

Mina, send my love to Miss Morgaine! :D