Female parahybana?

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well,I was feeding my spiders when I saw something that looks like this(at the bottom of the post),and I was wondering,are those "flaps" or whatever the females have?

Attachments

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ROFLMAO!!!! Don't quit your day job to become an artist! :D
Those are the booklungs. The part we use to sex them(genital aperature) is foreward,almost where the abdomen meets the prosoma. There are a couple of good pics around here somewhere-- do a search and I'm sure you'll find em.
Once you know what you are looking at, it's pretty easy.

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"ROFLMAO!!!! Don't quit your day job to become an artist! "

If you think that was good,you need to see my pencil drawings!LMAO

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW - dude, you've got one demented-looking spider there! :eek:

Hats off to you Bonesmama, cause what you identified as the book lungs, I thought were the eyes. {D Especially since they're located on the rounder portion of the T - surely must be the carapace. Right?? :?

---
Wendy
---

CherishYour_f8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bonesmama, I am very impressed by your ability to identify the booklungs in that prehistoric petroglyph.Well done!!!!!!!

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you, thank you,--no applause, please--just THROW MONEY!!! ;P
This is a daunting hobby, there is so little known about T's by the general public--(and most people are ascaird of spiders!! )I have found this site to be the most valuable resource around, and I am indebted to everyone that contributes!! Especially those with years of experience, who treat every Newbie question as if it was the first time they've heard it!! LOL!! There is a great bunch of people, and a great wealth of knowledge !! :worship:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
mouuuuhaahha throw money, nice draw dude I could'nt do better

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Shaun

Your spider looks VERRRY sick. I suggest that you take he/she/it to the emergency room immidiately! LOLROF

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is a basic ventral look at the external anatomy of a T.

The area labled epigastric furrow is the area you where thinking of, and yes what you are talking about are the booklungs. Theres acually 2 pairs, another pair closer up to the pedicle.

Beastmaster

Arachnopeon
At what age/size does the epigastic furrow become visible? with males aren't tibial hooks only evident in the ultimate phase? is it the same for epigastic furrows? or apparently T's can breed between molts? I have a 5" lasiodora parahybana that just molted, I was thinking of puting up some pics, I'm not sure of what I'm seeing.... there should be a definate flap inside the exuvium between the four book lungs if its a female, correct?

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both sexes have an epigastric furrow. It just looks slightly different in either sex.

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I almost sprayed my coffee. :D Thanks for the morning chuckle. No offense intended. :) Great try though, I know what a pain it is to try to draw with a mouse! ;)

Bpkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
None taken,thats the best I can do for now...*hopes a digital camera falls from the sky*