Enclosures Inspired by the legend "ROBC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
There are many ways to express honesty while also being direct that do not involve the use of sarcasm and/or mean-spirited comments. Based on my experience, being polite, considerate and respectful will not only ensure that others return the favor, but they also gain and/or retain more knowledge when they’re not being bludgeoned over the head with their own “idiocy.”

Not to beat a dead horse, but he’s entered many a topic to pointedly admonish a poster for not using the search function, while in others, he’ll enter to ask why a two year old thread is being resurrected. So, I’m left to ask, which is it, should we search every topic before posting - or – search for and add to preexisting ones? Because from where I’m standing, it would appear as though either action annoys him.

You can have all the knowledge in the world, but it’s useless unless you know how to share it. For examples, read a few of Comatose’s responses, not only are they informative, they’re also polite and respectful.
Here's the thing, because you missed my point and apparently felt the need to try to lecture me on this.

Everybody has their own style of posting, Joe is straightforward, that's the way he is. He has actually been a good real life friend of mine for a couple years....I'm saying this because I can tell you that he is not a jerk. He is honest and to the point and if some people choose to take that to mean that he is "bludgeoning them over the head with their own idiocy" then they really do need some thicker skin, because that isn't what he sets out to do.

As I already said, many people here understand his style of posting and appreciate it, you apparently do not, but just because some people think he is being a jerk, doesn't mean he should change the way he posts. There have been times I have been as blunt and straight forward as Joe, and funny thing....I have recieved pm's thanking me for my honesty and help in regards to those posts. Some people have just become conditioned to assume that everything he says is meant in a nasty way when it's not.

I stand by what I said, and you can argue with me all you like. Everybody has their own posting style, if you don't like it, don't read it. Some people really do need thicker skin and they need to stop assuming that they know exactly what someone they have never met, means by the way they type.

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would like to point out that Robc didnt call himself a legend, the OP did. Flaming him based on something someone else said is not cool.
Mistakes are made, if he Rob himself said he was a legend or expert and made a mistake (like P. metallica) then it would be more understandable.
I dont see why we cant all get along, cool tanks OP. I wouldnt have a pet tarantula (yet at least) if it was not for Robc's feeding videos :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you would like me to point out instances where he said things that were blatant lies to make himself look good, I'd be happy to through PM. Otherwise, I would suggest 'reading up' a bit more on the person you defend before defending them...

Status
Not open for further replies.