Enclosure question

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
This is a pretty silly question but I have not found the answer and I know one of you know for sure. I have a Zoo Med enclosure for my Versicolor. The enclosure is (I THINK) is about 7"X7"X12", but even that is a pretty close guess. Does anyone know what that is eqiuvalant to in Gallons?

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Thanks you guys. Again, i am impressed. I am really begining to like this new addiction. I am hoping to get my second T this week. Really working hard on getting an adult G. Pulchra. Hope it all works out. Thanks again you guys.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
1 cubic inch = .0043gallon
7 x 7 x 12 = 588 cubic inches x .0043 = 2.5284
or
Length (in inches) x Width (in inches) x Height (in inches) / 231
7 x 7 x 12 / 231 = 2.5454
That would be small for an adult pulchra, though.

Last edited:

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Sorry. I was misunderstood. I have my versicolor in the 2.5. I have a five gallon set up for the pulchra. She will be happy for now. If she needs more I will get her more later. Thanks for looking out for though.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sorry. I was misunderstood. I have my versicolor in the 2.5. I have a five gallon set up for the pulchra. She will be happy for now. If she needs more I will get her more later. Thanks for looking out for though.
Oh.
I guess it depends on how active she will be. All of mine are in 10g set-ups. Although, my male would probably be happy with 5g, he never leaves his corner, ever.