Enclosure help

vannahthenugget

Arachnopeon
I have a aphonophelma colodes (arizona blonde) and he is very active. I got a very tall enclosure from the pet store. The top is made of mesh and everytime my T gets to climbing his little feet get stuck in the mesh and it scares me because i think he will fall and hurt himself. Anyone have any idea where i can get a not so tall but wider enclosure with and either glass or wood top?

mellow

Arachnobaron
You should get a large critter keeper, and fill it about half way full of substrate so they have room to burrow and that it's not tall enough for him to fall and get hurt, and then and a water bowl and you're good to go.
😃

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Go to your nearest hardware store, buy an appropriately sized plastic container, drill or solder some vent holes in, fill it up to a safe with level with substrate, add a water dish and a hide, and you're done. :) And do it ASAP!

Also, read this thread:

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I have a aphonophelma colodes (arizona blonde) and he is very active. I got a very tall enclosure from the pet store. The top is made of mesh and everytime my T gets to climbing his little feet get stuck in the mesh and it scares me because i think he will fall and hurt himself. Anyone have any idea where i can get a not so tall but wider enclosure with and either glass or wood top?
If your chalcodes is an adult or around 4 inches you can use a 5 gallon reptile aquarium, the one with the sliding lid, get a piece of plexiglass cut to replace the mesh. Drill holes in the lid for ventilation.

Make sure you have enough substrate to minimize the distance from the top of the substrate to the lid.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
You don't say how big it is so it's hard to give recommendations, but look at Exo Terra Breeding Boxes. A lot of people use those and they come in different sizes. I used an Exo Terra Faunarium for my first. It was a 4" T. albo and I wanted something ready to go and not have to drill anything. Tupperwear and Rubbermaid make all kinds of suitable enclosures. If it's smaller (like 2") look at Critter Keepers. They are cheap and easy. If you want to go more expensive/fancy you can google "Tarantula Enclosures for sale" and find a ton of premade enclosures.

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
An enclosure that’s drilled with holes and substrate that goes up a little over halfway the height should do.