Enclosure advice for G. pulchripes

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I've got an 8cm G. pulchripes winging its way to me on Wednesday, and I'm eager to get the setup just right. I've read through a lot of the beginner advice threads on here as this is my first t, thanks for the info it's all been incredibly helpful.

So, I've gone for a medium flat faunarium (36Lx21Wx16H cm), I have a cork bark hide, plastic plant, and a water dish. I've gone for Terra Spider coir substrate, may mix in some top soil if it doesn't feel right but undecided yet.

Bought a heat pad but going to hold off on that after reading further advice here (again, thanks) as my room is probably plenty warm enough already. Also binned the idea of temp/humidity probes.

I'm hoping that's pretty much everything I'll need to start with, but as an avid supporter of the 5 p's I thought I'd ask those in the know if I'm missing anything obvious?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I've heard that substrate is hit or miss, though what I've seen are several negative reviews. Doesn't mean it won't work for you, though. Definitely pick up a "dirt cheap" bag of, well, dirt. :D You might want to do like a fifty/fifty split. Another tip, is that slings have an easier time burrowing if the substrate is tightly packed and tamped down with your hand. At least with the flaky substrates this seems to help. Just you know, don't crack the plastic enclosure. ;)

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
Yeah I intended to pack it down a bit, will pick up some top soil to mix in for sure.