Egg sac fail?

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
Hi. On the 2nd day after laying the cocoon, my P.irminia abandoned it completely. I decided to pick it up, after checking the cocoon it was loose... I poured it onto the hammock incubator - is there a chance for the nymphs to hatch or is it biologically impossible?

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Are you sure that's day 2? Tarantula eggs are literally gel-like on the first few days and are almost a jelly like consistency. Overall, the eggs look fine, but that ventilation on that incubator has too much ventilation. The whole point of an incubator is to hold humidity for eggs to develop and hatch. If you have too many holes, it won't hold humidity, nor will it serve it's purpose as an incubator.

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
Are you sure that's day 2? Tarantula eggs are literally gel-like on the first few days and are almost a jelly like consistency. Overall, the eggs look fine, but that ventilation on that incubator has too much ventilation. The whole point of an incubator is to hold humidity for eggs to develop and hatch. If you have too many holes, it won't hold humidity, nor will it serve it's purpose as an incubator.

I'm 90% convinced that these are the initial days, maximum 4. I looked again and there was nothing, I'm shocked myself. thank you for the solution and the advice on ventilation. I'll put tape on half of it and it will be ok?

white dots appear, it's probably good :)

Attachments

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
forgive me for trivial questions, but this is my second egg sac in my life, I poured it into the hammock only because it was abandoned

cold blood

Staff member
forgive me for trivial questions
You don't need to ask forgiveness for asking questions...that is the entire point of a forum...in fact, without questions, the forum would die.
I poured it into the hammock only because it was abandoned
And that's the certainly the correct thing to do if its a fertile sac......now if the t was never paired, it would be a phantom sac and there would be little reason to incubate...but I see no reason to assume that is the case.

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
thank you for your help, this forum shows once again how high the standard is. I set the incubator to 26 degrees and I hope it's not too high! kind regards!
I will add that I taped half of the ventilation as the previous speaker mentioned..

Last edited:

Czemcio420

Arachnopeon
Hi. After the whole night I saw 5 black eggs, the rest are very sticky. yesterday there were loose eggs, today not... probably nothing good will come of it