Easy to Breed Scorpions

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone! I'm planning to start breeding scorpions in a month or two just to get some experience and possibly get some money...

I'm looking for a scorpion that is...
1. Easy to breed
2. Readily available (in the US)
3. Won't kill me

I know stings affect people differently, but I just want to avoid Parabuthus, Androctonus, Tityus, etc. that are known to be highly dangerous. I currently keep Centruroides and am planning to get Hottentotta hottentotta which is sort of the venom range I'm looking for in Buthids. I'm looking for some unique suggestions other than Heterometrus, Centruroides, and the parthenogenetic scorpions (H. hottentotta, L. australasiae, J. trincarinatus, etc.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Hadrurus arizonensis, maybe?
Almost impossible to breed though.

Babycurus jacksoni, Heteroctenus junceus and Uroplectes spp. fit your description. And Centruroides spp. of course, but it seems you’re already aware. One of my favorite genera.
Of course Tityus species are also very easy to breed, and not all species are considered medically significant. Tityus smithi is one of the less potent species, I would rank it as comparable to H. hottentotta (not that I’ve been stung by either haha, just from the info I’ve gathered).

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight
Almost impossible to breed though.

Babycurus jacksoni, Heteroctenus junceus and Uroplectes spp. fit your description. And Centruroides spp. of course, but it seems you’re already aware. One of my favorite genera.
Of course Tityus species are also very easy to breed, and not all species are considered medically significant. Tityus smithi is one of the less potent species, I would rank it as comparable to H. hottentotta (not that I’ve been stung by either haha, just from the info I’ve gathered).
Wow, thank you for the suggestions! I’ll look into all of those species, especially the T. smithi, I thought all Tityus were extremely dangerous. :D

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Wow, thank you for the suggestions! I’ll look into all of those species, especially the T. smithi, I thought all Tityus were extremely dangerous. :D
And quite a few of them really are! But it’s a very big and diverse genus, so it’s definitely a spectrum when you look at venom. Still demand respect, but that’s the case for every Buthidae. Or any animal for that matter, but I’m talking about venom in this context. :hungry:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey everyone! I'm planning to start breeding scorpions in a month or two just to get some experience and possibly get some money...

I'm looking for a scorpion that is...
1. Easy to breed
2. Readily available (in the US)
3. Won't kill me

I know stings affect people differently, but I just want to avoid Parabuthus, Androctonus, Tityus, etc. that are known to be highly dangerous. I currently keep Centruroides and am planning to get Hottentotta hottentotta which is sort of the venom range I'm looking for in Buthids. I'm looking for some unique suggestions other than Heterometrus, Centruroides, and the parthenogenetic scorpions (H. hottentotta, L. australasiae, J. trincarinatus, etc.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D
Centruroides sculpturatus