Dwarf white isopod

arachnodad93

Arachnosquire
I was wondering how long I should let my isopods reproduce before adding them in with my Ts and Scorps.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
That really depends on how fast they will reproduce for you aswell as if they will be eaten by whatever they are going to be living with.

I would personally breed them for a month or two before adding them. There’s quite a few factors that would play into the decision.

arachnodad93

Arachnosquire
so far they seem to be doing pretty great, I'm seeing little ones and I've had them since mid April, and my hissers seem to be doing an adequate job of producing food for the little dudes as well as the food I put in with the hissers. Do you think a small piece of deli meet would be good suppplemental protein??

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
That I’m not sure about. I don’t always feed them shrimp though. It’s usually like once every couple months. I don’t think they really need it.

You could try with the deli meat but i think you’d be better off just giving them some vegetables or a bit of fish food

aphono

Arachnobaron
IIRC they reproduce by parthenogenesis. Going with that & they are intended as clean up crew not clean up/feeder combo deal, there's no real need to build up the starter colony first. Putting even just one in an enclosure would be starting a new colony. Might take longer to see large numbers but they'll be there for sure.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't give them hunks of mammal meat. Any prepared meats are also likely to be salty, which isn't good for them. Fish food is great. I also give mine uneaten feeders.

No need to wait to add them given how they reproduce. As has been said, they're parthenogenic and all of them are female.