Does this tarantula species exist?

AnnaBannana

Arachnopeon
Greetings guys, Im new here and some of my friends have recommended me this board for any questions 😊 Today id like to ask you all about this species of tarantula:
I think its super cute and wanted to get one, the only problem is that some of my friends think its fake, while others say they exist, even the website is very convincing soo...does anyone own one or have any experience with this kind of tarantula? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks for all the answers in advance 😃

AnnaBannana

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the quick answer! Can i also ask if there are any species that could have the „winter“ look(white, gray colors)?

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Thanks for the quick answer! Can i also ask if there are any species that could have the „winter“ look(white, gray colors)?
Unfortunately none of the beginner species have the look you’re trying to find iirc. Once you have kept a few easier species like G pulchripes, get a Psalmopoeus sp and raise that. Then if your confident you can deal with the speed and defensiveness, Heteroscodra maculata fits the bill for what your looking for.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's very much fake. The picture is a fluffy toy and the article is clearly a joke

Can i also ask if there are any species that could have the „winter“ look(white, gray colors)?
Heteroscodra maculata but they're not suitable for beginners.

Domino.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I think you should do A LOT more research before you get a tarantula.

Closest real T that I've seen to the toy in the original post is this:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
As others have said the H. mac has that color scheme. Only other Ts that come to mind are Poecilotheria regalis, ornata, etc but those aren’t suitable for beginners either. There are some more beginner friendly tarantulas with black and white, like Acanthoscurria geniculata and Nhandu chromatus. There is also the Aphonopelma sp. white, but it’s worth noting Aphonopelmas grow glacially slow.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Poecilotheria vittata, Heteroscodra maculata as mentioned. These are both very fast arboreal species and can be hard to handle... bites result in excruciating pain and usually a trip to the hospital, followed by severe cramping in different parts of your body for a couple weeks. Best to stick with something a bit easier and then graduate to one of these if you're still interested later on.

But you're an adult and you know yourself better than we do, so choose however you feel comfortable. Plenty of us got fast venomous old world spiders very early on because we felt ready, me included.

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
"They are fast, and they can move very fast. [...] These spiders don’t move very fast but can move fast enough to kill you if you aren’t careful"
"They are nocturnal, but they are active during the day."
"The first thing to do is to keep the tarantula in a well-lit area. The area must be dark"
Everything in the article contradicts itself lol

I think its super cute and wanted to get one
There are many great tarantulas recommended above, but if you want one that looks somewhat like the picture, I'd say try out jumping spiders. Paraphiddipus fartilis (if you can find one) for the white color scheme.