Do other animals know scorpions are venomous?

Johnn

Arachnoknight
This is former user venomax here gona change my name back when I get the arachnosupporter upgrade. But anyways just saw this video that shows crassicaudas fighting a camel spider. I've also seen a fennec fox predating an a australis as well as centipedes and mice fighting scorpions and it seems that they all go for the stinger. Scorpions do tend to strike so maybe it's that they're attacking what's coming at them but that fennec fox seemed very wary of the scorpion and was very cautious in it's attack. What do you think? Do other animals know they're a threat?
I'm not gonna post a link to ppl battling animals cause that may be considered animal cruelty which imo it is but here's the fennec fox attacking the scorpion you can see it seems to know to be careful

Last edited:

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I don't know if animals understand the concept of venom, but animals that live in areas that contain scorpions have certainly evolved to know that the painful part of a scorpion is the stinger.

They could learn this socially from their mothers or just instinctually from the many generations of cohabitation

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
It is possible momma fennec taught the kits how to properly kill a scorpion to avoid the stinger. It might be partly instinctual much like the mongoose knows not to get bit by a cobra.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Absolutely they do. Well the animals that can "think" do. Mammals will target the stinger first usually. Biting it off or eating it first.

Of course you do get predators such as the honey badger who couldn't care less what is on the menu they just go in and sleep off any consequences.