DIY Arboreal Enclosure

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Just finished assembly. My second time working with acrylic.

1/4" cast acrylic 9.5"X6"X14"

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Nice job, what was the material cost?

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I'm not sure of the exact cost but a 48"X48" sheet of 1/4" cast acrylic was a $100 bill. You can make at least a couple with one sheet. The hasps and hinges a couple dollars apiece. Solvent a few bucks.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
Not bad, but if you're putting a T in there I'd be worried about their tarsus or metatarsus getting caught in between the gaps of the panels.

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Not bad, but if you're putting a T in there I'd be worried about their tarsus or metatarsus getting caught in between the gaps of the panels.
Well, yeah...it's for a T. I can't imagine how a leg would get stuck.

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
Looks amazing! Someday I'd love to learn how to DIY custom acrylics... Do you have experience or did you teach yourself?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not greedy, just practical (and a bit self-deprecating). My time is worth something and I take far too long to build them to be profitable.
I put up a smiley face to let you know I was joking hah. I couldn't build such a thing to be profitable either. A charitable cause would be building T containers for those in need, and I'm need ;)

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
I put up a smiley face to let you know I was joking hah. I couldn't build such a thing to be profitable either. A charitable cause would be building T containers for those in need, and I'm need ;)
I forgot the smiley!

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Wow, that's really cool with the two openings. Looks like the same dimensions could be used for one of those fossorial Lund type cages.

schizox

Arachnopeon
I absolutely love your enclosure, like the fact that the acrylic looks thicker than what I've seen other use. Is it thicker than "normal" acrylic?