Cyst on juvenile B. minax abdomen?

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
My juvenile B. minax (probably 2 inches) molted about a month ago. I was doing a late night check and noticed it has a light colored patch on its abdomen (and perhaps one under the leg next to it). After searching the boards, it seems this is generically a cyst of some kind, and that it can be caused by abdomen dragging, an injury, a weak spot after a molt, etc. The general recommendation is to just wait it out, don't overfeed, and hope that it clears up after a few molts.

Just want to make sure no one thinks this is anything different, and that the recommendations have remained the same. The T is eating well and seems perfectly healthy other than the spot. One odd thing is that the spot seems to have hairs on it--a lot of the photos I saw posted were bare, or crusty. This just looks like a light colored bump.

IMG_4371.jpeg IMG_4380.jpeg

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Not a good sign at all
In your opinion is my course of action appropriate--just waiting it out? I'm considering rehousing it tomorrow into dry substrate, just in case it's fungal. It's currently on lightly moist sub.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In your opinion is my course of action appropriate--just waiting it out? I'm considering rehousing it tomorrow into dry substrate, just in case it's fungal. It's currently on lightly moist sub.
Wait
No rehouse

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Maybe just the angle tricking me, but it looks like book lungs to me, especially on the second pic. Like here: https://arachnoboards.com/gallery/cyriopagopus-minax.53620/
I'll feel pretty stupid if that's what I'm looking at and they're just unusually pale. 😂 It's sitting at a weird angle so it's hard to tell. Hopefully it moves around tomorrow and I can get a better look at the full belly. I did shine a UV light on it and it did not fluoresce, for whatever that's worth.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Maybe just the angle tricking me, but it looks like book lungs to me, especially on the second pic. Like here: https://arachnoboards.com/gallery/cyriopagopus-minax.53620/
You might be right I can’t tell from the pictures,
I'll feel pretty stupid if that's what I'm looking at and they're just unusually pale. 😂 It's sitting at a weird angle so it's hard to tell. Hopefully it moves around tomorrow and I can get a better look at the full belly. I did shine a UV light on it and it did not fluoresce, for whatever that's worth.
Don’t worry you Wouldn’t be the first one to ask, be safe then sorry!!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
if that's what I'm looking at and they're just unusually pale.
Book lungs will often be lighter/brighter in the weeks immediately following a molt. It seems to me like that's what you're observing here.

Poffypoffa

Arachnosquire
Book lungs will often be lighter/brighter in the weeks immediately following a molt. It seems to me like that's what you're observing here.
Could very well be. It just threw me off because none of my other species have such a dramatic contrast, and also the angle seemed off, so I had a late night panic attack 😁. Still waiting to get a good ventral look, I’ll report back if I do.