Cyriopagopus schioedtei caresheet?

schumy_ul

Arachnopeon
I've just got a 4 cm c. schioedtei and can't really find any info on this species except on asianarboreals.com. Can you please, if you have the time, share some knowledge about this species temperament, speed, and maybe about housing? Thanks.

Dante

Arachnopeon
I keep mine at 70/80% umidity and room temp. Sling are mainly burrowers (or Pterinochilus like) but they need an arboreal setup.
Slings are bright orange like Pterinochilus and are fast and secretive (they'll retreat in burrow everytimes).
No data from venom but I think it's like other asian tarantulas.
Mine molted a week ago and it's like 3cm, starting to show a blueish/greenish color.

schumy_ul

Arachnopeon
I managed to find a caresheet, searching it on google by the non scientific name "Malaysian Earth Tiger".

Range Tropical rainforests of peninsular Malaysia.

Type
Arboreal and opportunistic, found in holes in trees and cracks in rock faces, also will make use of man-made holes and buildings, but will burrow to some extent in captivity. Will use substrate and other tank contents to construct hiding places very much like Poecilotheria species.

Diet Spiderlings eat pinhead crickets, and other small insects. Adults eat crickets, other large insects, small lizards, and an occasional pinkie mouse.

Full Grown Size 6 to 9 inches, although males have been seen with over 10" legspans.

Growth Medium speed.

Temperature 75 to 90° F.

Humidity 78 to 82%. All tarantulas that have at least a 3" legspan may drink from a shallow, wide water dish. Spray regularly.

Temperament Aggressive and nervous.

Housing Spiderlings can live in a clear plastic deli-container with air holes. Adults can live in a 5 to 10-gallon tank. Floor space is more important than height.

Substrate 4 to 5 inches of peat moss, or potting soil.

Decor Live plants, driftwood, cork bark, etc. make good hiding places. Moss can be added for floor cover. Also, large-diameter bamboo.

Other Names Asian Chevron Tarantula.

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I managed to find a caresheet, searching it on google by the non scientific name "Malaysian Earth Tiger".

Range Tropical rainforests of peninsular Malaysia.

Type
Arboreal and opportunistic, found in holes in trees and cracks in rock faces, also will make use of man-made holes and buildings, but will burrow to some extent in captivity. Will use substrate and other tank contents to construct hiding places very much like Poecilotheria species.

Diet Spiderlings eat pinhead crickets, and other small insects. Adults eat crickets, other large insects, small lizards, and an occasional pinkie mouse.

Full Grown Size 6 to 9 inches, although males have been seen with over 10" legspans.

Growth Medium speed.

Temperature 75 to 90° F.

Humidity 78 to 82%. All tarantulas that have at least a 3" legspan may drink from a shallow, wide water dish. Spray regularly.

Temperament Aggressive and nervous.

Housing Spiderlings can live in a clear plastic deli-container with air holes. Adults can live in a 5 to 10-gallon tank. Floor space is more important than height.

Substrate 4 to 5 inches of peat moss, or potting soil.

Decor Live plants, driftwood, cork bark, etc. make good hiding places. Moss can be added for floor cover. Also, large-diameter bamboo.

Other Names Asian Chevron Tarantula.
If it is arboreal, why is floor space more important than height?
Pretty much kept the same as any other Asian arboreal. The first site you listed - asianarboreals.com has more useful info on this species than any caresheet. Here's one of my juvie males.

schumy_ul

Arachnopeon
I just copy-pasted from that site. Didn't really see that height thing. Nice juvie male :) got any females?

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just copy-pasted from that site. Didn't really see that height thing. Nice juvie male :) got any females?
My juvie female. Might have another smaller one- waiting to see how it turns out.;)

This is my smallest one- still dark so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

schumy_ul

Arachnopeon
:D it's a very nice species. i'm glad i purchased one. mine is only 3rd or 4th instar. i'll upload a photo latter if you'd like.
@DORKUS: are you hopping to breed them? :)

Redapache

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks they really are a beautiful species, these and the true Cyriopagopus Thorelli and Phormingochilus Everetti are my absolute favorite species!

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:D it's a very nice species. i'm glad i purchased one. mine is only 3rd or 4th instar. i'll upload a photo latter if you'd like.
@DORKUS: are you hopping to breed them? :)
I would like to but I think my males will mature before my female does. Right now she is slightly bigger but she won't be for long. They're all at the 4-5 inch mark (except the smallest one of course)

schumy_ul

Arachnopeon
well, good luck to you :) try slowing your males down, feed them less often than the female. i'm nowhere near breeding or such, i don't have experience in this field, so i don't really know whether this will work, but it might.

Redapache

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@ T DORKUS. You have a awesome photobucket,and your T's are amazing!

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here is a picture of my freshly molted female also the setup i keep her in. to give you an idea. these are def arboreal, she is always out climbing. i really dont spray the enclosure. i just have a water dish. the humidity is around 60ish. hope this helps!

schumy_ul

Arachnopeon
nice female. i like the enclosure :) i'll make something similar for my c. schioedtei but not quite soon. it has some growing to do.. thanks for the pics.

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thought I'd update this thread since there's so much attention to MET's lately.
My female

And the male matured

And my smallest one did turn out to be female.{D