Curly haired tarantula

spidermother

Arachnopeon
So I got my baby back on August 10th and since then he’s molted twice. I just moved him from a idk medium sized cube to a larger rectangular tank day before last and when I just checked on him today and hes molted. Is it normal to molt twice in 2 months? When I got him, he was about the size of a dime and now he’s a quarter. I feed in 1 small dead cricket twice a week (might up it to 1 small alive cricket since he’s gotten bigger).
is that normal? I also have a Mexican fire leg but I got her when she was an older juvenile I think. Almost 4 years I’ve had her and she’s only molted once a year or so.

Mustafa67

Arachnoknight
So I got my baby back on August 10th and since then he’s molted twice. I just moved him from a idk medium sized cube to a larger rectangular tank day before last and when I just checked on him today and hes molted. Is it normal to molt twice in 2 months? When I got him, he was about the size of a dime and now he’s a quarter. I feed in 1 small dead cricket twice a week (might up it to 1 small alive cricket since he’s gotten bigger).
is that normal? I also have a Mexican fire leg but I got her when she was an older juvenile I think. Almost 4 years I’ve had her and she’s only molted once a year or so.
YES, NORMAL

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes when they are small slings they molt relatively frequently and then less frequently over the future, progressing.

The Spider House

Arachnolord
All normal. But just a quickie having looked at the pic....You didn't scoop the spider from the tank into the catch cup did you? The Spider is clearly recently moulted as legs opaque in colour.
Your spider should not be disturbed/touched/moved for at least 7 days post moult to allow to recover and harden properly.
Just leave him/her to do what they need to do.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
normal, they molt a lot when young. Make sure you leave them alone when they molt, they are stressed and vulnerable at this point in their lives. Do as little as possible, other than monitor and enjoy

spidermother

Arachnopeon
Very fragile post molt did it molt in that cup ??
Yes! I checked on him this morning around 1140 and both he and the molt were in the cup still. Have been since last night

All normal. But just a quickie having looked at the pic....You didn't scoop the spider from the tank into the catch cup did you? The Spider is clearly recently moulted as legs opaque in colour.
Your spider should not be disturbed/touched/moved for at least 7 days post moult to allow to recover and harden properly.
Just leave him/her to do what they need to do.
I moved him on Friday into the cup. He hadn’t molted when I moved him

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Its young, it could molt every month. I have grammastolas that did. And are still molting at a monthly frequency. But this will eventualy slow down. And depending on your local weather, could halt for a while, or not.

some tarantulas can also molt within a month if something had them injured.

i had a g pulchripes molt with a gimp leg. It molted in less then a month with a fresh healthy leg. The other two are still on their 30-45 day cycle.