Preferred Cricket Product?

• Frozen feeders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cricket flour (?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PierisRapae

Arachnopeon
Hello! I live in Minneapolis and have just started to try my hand at farming crickets. I am considering everything from live feeders to frozen feeders and cricket flour. Any advice on which I should choose? Anyone else in Minneapolis/Minnesota have a cricket farm? Any advice or suggestions are more than welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Just an observation about the second generation of Acheta domesticus. They're healthy! I've come to the conclusion that if it was born in your house, it's disease free.

PierisRapae

Arachnopeon
Just an observation about the second generation of Acheta domesticus. They're healthy! I've come to the conclusion that if it was born in your house, it's disease free.
Healthy and happy! Hoping soon to put these lads to use..... Might consider a mixture of all three products but these guys are lively! I caught one molting yesterday and it was so delightful watching this weird animal shimmy off its own skin like a tight pair of pants. Thanks for your input!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That sounds kind of cool and I wish you the best.

The feeder industry are-and-is a hard thing to profit from unless you either sell or produce in mass. The feeder industry is extremely competitive because customers who buy from feeder businesses, idustries, or farms are usually long-time established customers/businesses that have great and proven business relations over time. I've seen some feeder businesses in the past, just literally giving out large numbers of feeder insects out for free to other businesses, pet breeders, or stores to try and convince them that, "this is quality feeders of my business". But usually it does nothing as prices are very hard to undercut for a new business to compete with the long establish feeder businesses in the industry.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How will you overcome your cold winters for shipping? You’ll have unhappy customers during winter.