Cormocephalus nitidus (SA)

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
The biggest aprox 17cm orso,...
What info do ya need ?

what's different about these compared to other scolopendromorphs is that they can spray a real smelly odour,... really stinks !

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awsome pics Steven. Are they a communal sp or are they together just for the pic.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
8 leg wonder said:
Awsome pics Steven. Are they a communal sp or are they together just for the pic.
not really communal specie,... i give these guys an 8 out of 10 on agression.
this was a breeding attemp btw :)

*edit*
ow yeah

notice the coloration of these guys spiracles :} :cool:

Last edited:

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice as usual :rolleyes: ;) Any signs of mating yet? Are you allowing them to cohabit for a period of time, or were you just letting them have contact with each other under your supervision?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
danread said:
Very nice as usual :rolleyes: ;) Any signs of mating yet? Are you allowing them to cohabit for a period of time, or were you just letting them have contact with each other under your supervision?
Hey Dan,...

you should view the pictures in the opposite order,...
i've been letting 5 Cormo's (3 of mine,.. 2 on loan) cohabit in a large container with plenty of hidingplaces and food for 5 days,...

i've checked on them every evening,...

these 2 were always underneath the same hidingspot together,... while the others were all solitary underneath other hidingspots,...

so i've took these apart and put them together in a smaller box just to see what would happen,... i haven't witness any mating,... maybe it allready happend in the large box,...

but what is intresting is that if 1 was introduced to another,... they both went form very nervous to very calm !!! (same thing happened whith my Subspinipes (Malaysia) breeding) and they started tapping antenna's,... I'm not 100% sure but i guess this is male and female in this specie. (noticed the shape of the headplate,... ;) )

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
Steven said:
(noticed the shape of the headplate,... ;) )
Both of their heads look the same to me. Can you tell me what you are looking at Steven?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can see a little difference but hey you are da chief ... can you refer me a site where I could study how to make the difference

Heartfang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do these beasties bite ya? I have absolutely no experience with them at all.