concerned...

bodieofci5

Arachnopeon
I fed Shelob earlier and she is bolt upright with the mealworm in her pedopelps, but not eaten it. This is two hours. Also some signs of webbing.

Is She about to moult again or is there something wrong?

ragnarokxg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I fed Shelob earlier and she is bolt upright with the mealworm in her pedopelps, but not eaten it. This is two hours. Also some signs of webbing.

Is She about to moult again or is there something wrong?
Did you notice if she sunk her fangs in at all?
When you say webbing did she wrap it or is she laying a mat down?
She could just be enjoying her meal. My A. avic tends to hold hers for a few hours and slowly drains the cricket of all its juices.

kalebo1

Arachnosquire
Can you take a picture of what she is doing? It would help if you post what she looks like. BTW great name for a tarantula. Are you going to watch The Hobbit? I just got a new tarantula that I named Bilbo vagans......it is a Brachypelma vagans of course!!!

bodieofci5

Arachnopeon
the worm is hanging in half with her fangs sunk in. she is stood up tall on her legs and not moving. small amont of webbing is under her back legs.

ragnarokxg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the worm is hanging in half with her fangs sunk in. she is stood up tall on her legs and not moving. small amont of webbing is under her back legs.
Then she is fine, sounds like she is doing what I call the happy feeding dance and enjoying her meal. You can watch her of course but it sounds like she is just being a spider.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
My Avic does this a lot. Sometimes he will consume an entire cricket and sometimes he will just savor it for hours. I feed him once a week, and only once has he ever turned down the food till the next week. Nothing to worry about, I don't think. In fact right now mine's sitting there with a half a cricket hanging out of his mouth totally mangled, with web all over. He's just playing with his food.

Eventually it'll either disappear, or he'll eat half of it and drop the other half in a nasty clump on the ground that i'll have to pull out tomorrow with tongs and try not to vomit. Welcome to the world of tarantula ownership..the gross parts...chewed up bug carcasses and poop splatters, oh my!