communal mutilans

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok what size tank would be good for five s.s. mutilans? and anything I should worry about as far as keeping them together?

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They can be kept in a fairly small area, for five adult S.s.mutilans a tank with floor dimensions 16" x 10" would be good. They are incredibly tollerant of each other, i have a tank with eight of these centipedes, and there have been no mortalities, i even saw one sitting on top of the other whilst it was molting, with no problems!

Cheers,

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
imo, if urs are Chinese multilans, which heads are redder and size are smaller, u can keep in small enclosure, but if it's Taiwanese multilans(kinda rare in the hobby), which are brown heads and larger size,,more defensive u need bigger enclosure to keep them, cuz i had seen canabalism experiences of them
feed them jello.....i used to feed them jellos for stag beetles, but i think u can use like common one for kids..

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I would take the advice of Randolph

be sure you get the Chinese mutilans,... i keep my Taiwanese seperated,... they are freaking agressive and nervous !
while the Chinese are quite docile (in pede-terms) and can be easily kept in a tank (40*30*30cm) with 5 or even a bit more,...

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and most Chinese multilans are cb, born and raised commualy for generations, so they are much more docile than WC Taiwanese sp in the market
but i've seen a breeder who sell them to herbal medicine producer in Tw has few hundred TW spp live together without any problem...