Cobalt Blue price check :)

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just got back from the petstore and she has a good 3 " cobalt blue that looks really healthy for 39.00. Does this seem reasonable? Have you all had good luck with the cobalts ( as in hardiness, etc)? I AM searching threads and all for as much info as possible before purchase. :)

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would say deffinitley. Especialy if its a lady. A mature female is standard at about 45-55 plus shipping... so I would say that is not bad. I bought mine as mature female and it was very hardy(no longer have her).

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for the info! This gal at he petstore has THE best prices! LOL! She sold a HUGE 6+ inch king baboon for 70 bucks! LOL! I was a day late on that one. :(

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is definitely a good price if it is a female. We (shameless promo, I know) sell guaranteed females at that size for 55. The thing to keep in mind is that when properly set up in a deep substrate, you will almost never see a cobalt blue. They burrow down and will only come out to grab their dinner and drag it back down into their burrow.
Good luck.

Eric
www.e-spiderworld.com

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
Definitely a good deal considering it's a female. I think you ought to go ahead and get her if you're looking to purchase a Cobalt. Personally, though, I wouldn't go for it - but that's just cuz I don't think I could handle a T with that kind of attitude! :D

arachnoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought my mature female for $40. I love the Cobalt Blue, I think it's my favorite T. Very aggressive but you gotta love it! My Usambara will hide when I go in to tank whereas my Cobalt will investigate and attack the forceps!

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Around here the pet stores sell cobalt slings for around $35-$40...Sounds like a good deal to me.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sansoucie,
$39.00 is good price. The local store where I purchase a lot of my tarantulas sells them for $45.00 and they have the best prices/selection I have seen. I think I paid $40.00 a year ago for my female H. lividum.
Zombieagogo is correct about the deep substrate and not seeing them. I rarely see mine, but when I do, it is a real treat. Very pretty colors.
Good luck!
Ralph

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
It's not uncommon at all to find wild caught adult H. lividum for pretty reasonable prices. However, food for thought.. the last three WC H. lividum's I had all died of parasites..

Bill