Centipede molting pics - in sequence

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I spent the better part of last night watching this absolutely fascinating sight. This was my first centipede to moult in my care. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the entire process since it was already 3.30 in the morning when I took these photos.

Just about to moult:

Emergence:

Phenomenal pink and blue colouration, too bad it didn't last:

Maxillipeds almost fully regenerated:

Lovely blue eyes:

Amazing colour:

Lastly, what I saw this morning:

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phark, respect! This pics are really great.

As you see, the maxillipeds are regenerated fully (anatomical), but smaller. But this shouldn`t make any problems. Congratulations.

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I was scrolling through those pics I saw Jesus.:drool:

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Phark. That must have been an awesome sight! I've never witnessed molting of a large pede in person.
TBH

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations!! Not only on the successful molt, but on some really amazing photos!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, really good shots! ..with the D40? I would like a better camera someday.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here she is, two days after moulting, eating a piece of cooked beef:

Last edited:

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No evidence of molting, it ate the exuvium. Good thing it didn't hide and stayed at one place.

Fluke

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those photos are simply stunning! How often to centipedes molt from young to adult? I have a malaysian giant that I purchases at about 1.5 inches. It is easily 3 inches and looking "stretched/fat?" Are the signs about the same as a T? Non-eating/sluggish etc.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those photos are simply stunning! How often to centipedes molt from young to adult? I have a malaysian giant that I purchases at about 1.5 inches. It is easily 3 inches and looking "stretched/fat?" Are the signs about the same as a T? Non-eating/sluggish etc.
Thanks. :)

I'm not sure how often centipedes moult, but I do know that moulting frequency is definitely affected by feeding frequency. And yes, centipedes stop eating and turn rather sluggish about a week prior to the actual moult. Their colour also takes on a conspicuous dulling.

Avix4me

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome pix- never seen any pictures of a centipede molting before, pretty cool lookin'