centipede carpentry

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I provided my tanzanian yellow leg centipedes with a store bought hide that has an entrance hole in the side and a hole on top. One of the centipedes did some modification. The second day he plugged up the side hole with dirt and dug an entrance tunnel. Though it baffles me how he pulled this off, the third day he had some finer construction. He managed to lift a woodchip from the substrate and wedge it firmly in the top hole. Now when mom tells me to "show the centipedes to the guests" they are sleeping.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
324r350 said:
I provided my tanzanian yellow leg centipedes with a store bought hide that has an entrance hole in the side and a hole on top. One of the centipedes did some modification. The second day he plugged up the side hole with dirt and dug an entrance tunnel. Though it baffles me how he pulled this off, the third day he had some finer construction. He managed to lift a woodchip from the substrate and wedge it firmly in the top hole. Now when mom tells me to "show the centipedes to the guests" they are sleeping.
heh
nice
i like environmental modification like that

crazy to watch them dig :)