can't find live food

lizard

Arachnopeon
Hi;
I have an emperor and i can't find live food for it. Here there aren't any store selling live food. Winter is coming because of this every bug go away...

Is there anything else i can feed my scorpion?
I heard that chicken heart can work.
Help please...

Thanks...

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
lizard said:
Hi;
I have an emperor and i can't find live food for it. Here there aren't any store selling live food. Winter is coming because of this every bug go away...

Is there anything else i can feed my scorpion?
I heard that chicken heart can work.
Help please...

Thanks...

WHAT?????!!!!!! CHICKEN HEART!!! Ummmm okay!!

LoL have you tried ordering live crickets or meal worms from the internet. Its extra cheap and there billions of web sites to get em!!!!! Mealworms are personally better to order but try http://www.americancricketranch.com

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wouldn't this be something you should have thought about prior to purchasing the animal? If I were you, wouldn't be feeding my scorpion anything I caught in the wild anyways, nevermind it being your only source of food.

Aidan

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
lizard.. you can find food in your garden, or local forest/ "bush"
the Med is very good for crickets and grasshoppers ;l

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
WHAT?????!!!!!! CHICKEN HEART!!! Ummmm okay!!

LoL have you tried ordering live crickets or meal worms from the internet. Its extra cheap and there billions of web sites to get em!!!!! Mealworms are personally better to order but try http://www.americancricketranch.com
um...dude...he's in Turkey ;) be forever before the crickets got there.

Silver.x said:
Wouldn't this be something you should have thought about prior to purchasing the animal? If I were you, wouldn't be feeding my scorpion anything I caught in the wild anyways, nevermind it being your only source of food.
I highly doubt they have the abundance of pesticides in Turkey that we do here...i could be wrong however.

Lizard...from what i have read scorps won't usually eat dead food but if they get really hungry I'm not sure, they might :) How long does your winter last over there? If you can stock up on insects now it can probably get by with a meal twice a week...i'm not aware of any feeder insect dealers outside of the US and Europe and shipping bugs in from out of the country may incur some special paperwork/money as well. Have to check with your country's laws regarding importation of foreign insects. If you can get a hold of some crickets I've read they are very easy to raise, a bit smelly a lot of the time but at least you'd have food.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
edesign said:
from what i have read scorps won't usually eat dead food but if they get really hungry I'm not sure, they might :)
Oh they definitely do! lol at least mine do...both scorplings and adults do in my experience...and same with Ts... I've even fed my 1" scorpling a 1" dead cricket, it ate a big chunk outa the crickets ass!(no joke) lol

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
azztigma said:
Oh they definitely do! lol at least mine do...both scorplings and adults do in my experience...and same with Ts... I've even fed my 1" scorpling a 1" dead cricket, it ate a big chunk outa the crickets ass!(no joke) lol
hmmm...like i said i could be wrong lol, still a newb pretty much :) i had also read where people said they'd crush the heads of small crickets so the scorplings could eat them...guess that qualifies as dead food lol

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya basically thats what I do if the prey is too big...but one time one just died outa the bunch so I didnt want to waste it and gave it the way it was, still took it...

but chicken heart? lol ionno...but it MIGHT work rofl
or you could try a drumstick, I know if I was a scorp I'd be munchin on that all day :)

lizard

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all your help...

In Turkey there are lots of bugs but it isn't easy to find them. Because we have so many cats, dogs outside and bugs run away from them :=)

And i don't have a garden... I live at 4th floor. I know i must think these problems before i buy an animal. It is not common to feed a scorpion around here. There was a pet fair and there was only one scorpion there. Now it is mine. It is really hard to feed a scorpion here.

Today i will go to the zoo and ask if they have some bugs or crickets.

Thanks again for your help :wall:
Sorry for my bad english...

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just lift a stone and you'll find plenty of bugs....
Beetles and millipedes will also be taken easily by imperators.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You should also do a search on the net, there cant possibly not be any connection to feeder bugs for you!!!

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there are a few that ship over seas but i cant think of them right off hand...well you have to at least have house flys right?catch a few and pull there wings off so the emp can get it ..some flys get as big as crickets almost..they are nasty but if they keep him alive ..thats the main thing here right?who knows they might even eat a worm if they had to ....id try anything and everything i could think of if it was one of my emps...or even if you have paypal you could always find someone in the states ..you could send them the money and they could send you meal worms ...they pretty much live threw any kinda condition....wish you the best of luck on your bug hunting

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
when i was in corsica.. i bought this "electric tennis racket fly swatter"

not only does it extend your reach to the crickets, its wide so you can prevent them jumping away, and as soon as they touch the metal grid, they get stunned for 20-30 seconds, and flose their back legs, A PERFECT way to catch crickets!!

buy one =D

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Try powerfeeding it all that you can while you can then slowly lower the temp on his cage to slow the metobolism rate down And it should last the entire winter as long as it has water available, insects and arachnids cna go for extended periods of time with no food. especialy if they've been slowed down due to cooling.