Cannibalism among A.A.Gundlachi

spasskgirl

Arachnopeon
Hello.
I had one breeder mention that he was giving me a deal on Giant Blue to get rid of babies before they start eating each other.
I have babies of A. Arboreus Gundlachi, so I am worried. How is cannibalism present in millipede babies? Do they attack living millipedes or molten ones? If they have ample space and food is not finished, would there be any reasons why cannibalism would happen? In general, what is the best way to avoid it in babies (or millipedes in general, if that's not a special case for younger ones)?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Sounds like the breeder may be joking with you, round-bodied millipedes will not cannibalize in the majority of cases, and when they do it’s with a specimen on death’s door/already dead. @Elytra and Antenna has reported Spiropoeus fischeri immatures cannibalizing when a specimen molts on the surface, but aside from this there aren’t really credible reports of cannibalism except in the aforementioned extreme cases.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Hello.
I had one breeder mention that he was giving me a deal on Giant Blue to get rid of babies before they start eating each other.
I have babies of A. Arboreus Gundlachi, so I am worried. How is cannibalism present in millipede babies? Do they attack living millipedes or molten ones? If they have ample space and food is not finished, would there be any reasons why cannibalism would happen? In general, what is the best way to avoid it in babies (or millipedes in general, if that's not a special case for younger ones)?
The breeder probably just means deaths from overcrowding. Or maybe the breeder has never kept that species before.