Can I use the exo-terra nano-wide terrarium 8x8x8 for a juvenille A. Avic?

libcom2121

Arachnopeon
It's just sitting in my room and I don't think i'd ever house a terrestrial in there bc of the lack of substrate space and the fall risks

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
You could

I would just clutter it up a good amount and throw enough tall cork pieces in there so that its not always hanging from the glass, or doesnt feel like it has no security

Better to use it for an arboreal than a terrestrial, if I didnt want it laying around anymore

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
It's just sitting in my room and I don't think i'd ever house a terrestrial in there bc of the lack of substrate space and the fall risks
Sure, they're fine enclosures for arboreal species. The top-plus-front ventilation does a good job of allowing a chimney effect to create solid airflow. Some folks (myself included) recommend a simple mod to replace the screen with Plexiglas or other acrylic or Lexan with holes drilled/melted into it. This is to eliminate the risk of tarsal claws being stuck in the pinch points created by the crossed wires of the screen.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, to reduce injury/death to your Avic you should either
1. Remove screen and replace with drilled plexi for top venting
2. One can just glue plexi w/out removing the screen from the lid

There are threads for both on here, more than once. Believe someone has a StupidTube video too.