C. darlingi questions.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
I got a C. darlingi sling in trade for some work building enclosures. I left it in the container it came in with the same conditions it was given to me. I'm getting ready to rehome it because I feel it might be too moist. It hangs out in a web hammock near the top of the Lg. plastic vial. Everything that I have read on this species says that they are fossorial in the wild but web in captivity sometimes but I haven't found anything about them making a web hammock like an arboreal. I'm wondering If I have the right species. The care sheet info on these is scarce. My intentions are to keep it on deep nearly dry sub with a moistened corner. Does it need a lot of room to web above?

Bread

Arachnopeon
Mine 1" guy has dug an 8" burrow but also webbed the top of it's enclosure in a way that shames a GBB, he/she also spends 95% of the time on the surface.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I keep my two on dry substrate with little moisture. Every other month or so I overflow the dish a bit. They have burrowed and usually only come out to feed.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Keep these mostly dry, they don't like extra moisture. They will web heavily or burrow, typically they adapt to the environment that they are provided with.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Nope.
I wouldn't worry about it webbing high up in a vial, it pretty much simulates a shallow burrow. Post a picture and we can help you ID the specimen.
I can but it is still pretty small, 3i or so.

Also everything I have read online suggests straight coco fiber substrate but I would like to use a mix of baked sandy soil and coco fiber that I have been using with my Aphonopelma sp. The soil is sandy loam from southern AZ and it's slightly alkaline. I don't expect a problem with it but figured I'd bounce it off the board before putting exotics on it. It holds up a burrow very well and I would like to switch all my fossorial species over to it.