Breeding Mafia Scorpions

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My aunt lives in nevada and is always looking for scorpions for me i had told her awhile back i wanted a black claw mafia. I forgot to tell her i got one a few months ago she said she had ordered me 3. Im glad she did they were 3 for $24 excellent price iv seen 1 go for 25 before. Well anyway hes sending a female in the group anybody ever have any success breeding them? I know the place she got them is called larrys desert reptiles let me know ill get the web site if anyones interested they also have hadrurus arizonensis for 8 apiece if you order 3 or more.=D

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I may be interested if they have pallidus variety. I want the solid black top with the crescent on the prosoma (the crescent is arizonensis).

adios,
edw. ;)

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
www.desertreptiles.com little easiear than i thought i think they just have the basic. The one your talking about Ed is that the dark brown one i seen a pic in the scorpion files of a brown one they said female cant remember ? Ill check again:D

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh you were talking about the haries i guess iv had a few too many tonight lol;P

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah there blacktops thats were i got mine he gave me a extra too so that was 4 for 24 cant beat it. The funny thing my aunt messed up sent them 3 day delivery in the middle of winter and they still all lived.=D

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm still having too many. :D Hadrurus scorpions have an uncanny ability to survive cold weather, which is brought about by the desert winters being so cold, so it doesn't surprise me. That's not too shabby of a price. They do have the crescent on the head (prosoma), or are they continuously black in color (as seen in the H. spadix photo that was on this site and listed as H. arizonensis for quite some time).

adios,
edw. =D

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
As far as breeding you Black Claw Mafia scorps (Anuroctonus phaiodactylus), I would think it would be about the same as attemptin to breed Hadrurus. The conditions needed in their burrows to molt properly are very specific and therefore difficult to maintain for the amount of time needed.

On a related note...I recently was able to get my V.spinigerus to sucessfully molt to adult size...though it was through dumb luck and not any expertise of mine.

John
];')

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got the mafias today he even sent a extra 4 for $24 cant beat it. Didnt have 4 enclosures ready i know they are aggressive but i tried too put 2 in a 10 gallon with plenty of hides just for a bit till i get another cage ready. They keep finding each other and locking claws and rolling around in the sand very combative.;P

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My black claws seem too be getting along good now at first they were locking claws a little bit. Now they are huddled up together in peace between a log and the glass. Maybe i can keep them in small numbers together. More room for other species. :D

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had been keeping 3 black claws in a 10 gallon and 2 in a 5 i was watching them for awhile seemed too be getting along. Then one day i lifted up the places they liked too hide there was one in each. They were all the same size the one in the 10 gallon ate the other too just left some small remains same with the guy in the 5 ooppps.:8o