brachypelma bohemi

jmoneyman

Arachnopeon
I've had my brachypelma bohemi now for about 7 months and she has been known to climb when I clean her tank or when she is stressed but she has been climbing her tank more than often and sits at the top of her tank and stays there for hours usually in the evenings and night in particularly one side of the glass. she had recently molted a couple weeks ago and I don't know if that has a role to play but I'm just concerned and looking for answers. I know I don't have enough substrate in the tank I just used what I had but I feel as if she doesn't like her substrate???

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
when I clean her tank or when she is stressed but she has been climbing her tank more than often and sits at the top of her tank and stays there for hours usually in the evenings and night in particularly one side of the glass
Well ts dont ever need the tank actually cleaned...doing so would be extremely disruptive to a t. All you really ever need to do is a little spot cleaning with a tweezers. Sub never just needs to be changed and nothing needs a cleaning. I have a t in an enclosure for 25 years now, never did a single fulll cleaning, just spot cleaning on occassion. Ts are not inherently dirty critters.....pick out any bolus or dead prey item, pick out any mold that may occur and maybe wipe poo off the walls....keep it simple.
I know I don't have enough substrate in the tank I just used what I had but I feel as if she doesn't like her substrate
It needs to be filled at least half way with sub. Ts dont really have likes or dislikes, but that appearance can be there if the sub iusnt tamped down....if the sub isnt tamped down tightly enough, it wont hold up to burrowing, which kinda leaves the t stranded on the surface.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've had my brachypelma bohemi now for about 7 months and she has been known to climb when I clean her tank or when she is stressed but she has been climbing her tank more than often and sits at the top of her tank and stays there for hours usually in the evenings and night in particularly one side of the glass. she had recently molted a couple weeks ago and I don't know if that has a role to play but I'm just concerned and looking for answers. I know I don't have enough substrate in the tank I just used what I had but I feel as if she doesn't like her substrate???
Straight up, your T is going to fall and its name will be SPLAT. Fix husbandry before it dies due to you.