Blue death feigning beetle on back twitching

Broom Hilda

Arachnopeon
I have a mixed darkling beetle enclosure and I recently found one of my blue death feigning beetles on its back, periodically twitching it’s legs. When I decided to flip it back around it didn’t take long for it to end up on its back again making me think it is having a nervous system issue. I can tell that it is dying but I never seen one of my beetles like this as they usually become lethargic and walk weird. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know what is causing this to happen?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I’ve never kept these but I have heard it’s common for people to incorrectly believe they’re dying. The name alone should be a giveaway. Best of luck

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Not saying it is, no photo, no video, not much details. But Those symptoms are very very common with pesticide exposure. I would figure out if it possibly came in contact with anything

Broom Hilda

Arachnopeon
Not saying it is, no photo, no video, not much details. But Those symptoms are very very common with pesticide exposure. I would figure out if it possibly came in contact with anything
Ok, thank you. I only try to give them organic plant material but there could have been some kind of contamination. At the moment it is still alive and no other beetles seem to be showing any similar behavior.

Broom Hilda

Arachnopeon
I’ve never kept these but I have heard it’s common for people to incorrectly believe they’re dying. The name alone should be a giveaway. Best of luck
From my experience when blue death feigning beetles play dead they tend be be over dramatic, stiff with their antenna crossed. When they actually die their legs bend very easily. And they only play dead when they get spooked and mine never gone longer then 15 minutes.