Blatta orientalis AKA Oriental Cockroaches

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
These are the little buggers that a lot of folks commonly call "water bugs". They pop out of your drains at 2am and scurry around the bathroom. Pic

Does anyone know what they are looking for?? (My bathroom is nowhere near my kitchen and the only things for them to eat are possibly hair, cottonswabs. toilet paper rolls, and other bathroom fair).

Second, would you recommend feeding them to T's? They seem quite dirty, but if I started a colony, I could control what they eat. Besides if one escapes, its not like it would be something that would pop up when people are over.

TroyMcClureOG82

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure what they are looking for, but they can almost always be found in moist environments which might be why they are popping up in your bathroom. They feed on decaying organic matter and are said to be considered some of the filthiest of roach species. I wouldn't recommend trying to start a colony either, because if they have any illnesses they will pass them along through the generations.

xelda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I was living in a dorm in China, the girls' bathrooms were the ones that always had roaches. They weren't concentrated in a single part of the building. I think it was the girls' lotions and creams that attracted them.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Troy & xelda

I guess I will continue to just smash them when I see them. {D

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been looking for Blatta orientalis for a while. If you can get any please pm me!
Thanks,
Steve