before and after pics

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey fellow scorp wranlgers hehehe just wanted to post pics of my communal emp tank, it houses 6 emps and i already have witnessed breeding really cool

before

after

Jaygnar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great looking Emp tank! Looks much better in my opinion. Love the fog and I think that its also better cause the skull was too much of a focal point.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those foggers are really cool man but be careful. Stick your finger anywhere within the spout to find out what I mean. The only way I've had luck with foggers is using some sort of pvc cap over the spout, that way it breaks surface and fogs without the eventuallity of animals coming in contact with it.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what happens will i get shocked? this thing is a exo terra mini fogger it goes through water at fast paces its kinda sad becasue i wanted it to run for at least 10 mins to boost humidity. i tried A taller container but the fog would not roll...... any suggestions?

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ScorpZion said:
what happens will i get shocked?
No, you won't get shocked, but you might get burned. I don't have a herp fogger, but I do have one of those fog machines that you see at parties, etc. The fog it produces is cool, but the nozzle it comes out of gets flippin' hot! I don't know if the same applies to your fogger, but in the event that it might, you may want to try to "scorp. proof" the nozzle.

Here's to not steaming your scorps! :)

Love the faux cannabis, by the way.

Tim

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a strange looking plant in te corner there. ;) Tank looks way better dude. I love the fog..

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol yes i had my finger in the area of the spout and it wasnt hot at all more cold if anything, hahaha yes the fake canabis i like the look drapped over the little cave thingy.... i want to transfer a real one into the tank but alas i dont think she would survive in there >=(, this fogger eats water way to quick i have to keep filling the cup up to acheive the eerie effect over the ground, and if i put it in a large cup with lots o water it fogs and spit a fountain lol..... the emps seeem to like the new setup, the diff terraced substrate seems a welcome site for their excavation no?

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
TRowe said:
I don't have a herp fogger, but I do have one of those fog machines that you see at parties, etc. The fog it produces is cool, but the nozzle it comes out of gets flippin' hot! I don't know if the same applies to your fogger, but in the event that it might, you may want to try to "scorp. proof" the nozzle.

it works differently.. it vibrates the water super fast to the point that it makes a super fine mist, but remains cool to the touch.. i have a fountain with lights that fade from color to color that my girlfriend got me for my birthday.. she'd kill me if i put it in with any of my critters though.. same concept on the mister though.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the fogger is not always on... but even when it is on the emps dont seem to mind i tested this buy dropping lots of crix around their burrow and waited for them to come and see what the deal was, when they came out i put the fogg on and nothing. i just needed something to keep the humidity up in the tank because i run a 100w infrared bulb 24-7 because of the coolness of my house.....

it actually looks quite cool for the biggest emp buresea to emerge from the fogg b horror movie type stuff lol ;P

DHunter

Arachnopeon
That is just too cool!

Perhaps you can rig a simple gravity feed from a larger container to keep the fog container filled?

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
DHunter said:
That is just too cool!

Perhaps you can rig a simple gravity feed from a larger container to keep the fog container filled?
I use IV bags with the IV dripers on them to keep all my water dishes full all the time. They work really good because you can adjust the drip from a drip every five minutes to a steady stream. That would probly be ideal for that. You can get them at any medical supply store. I'm lucky that my father is a firefighter/ paramedic so I get them for free! {D {D

Thrasher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how does the fogger work? i got one of those and i plugged it in and put it in the water. a sec later..the red light lighted up for like half of a sec and turned back off with a bazz of smoke....and it cannot be turned on at all...how come?

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well it has two membrains they are very delicate at least thge exo terra one has thewm and have to be replaced if the red light only comes on for s sec......... the unti i have was quite expensive 40 sum bucks and you habe to speacial order the new ceramic and rubber membrains. i think the fog ads to the natural effect espeaciallt giving the geography of this sp of scorp, it is only run in the mornings to simulate dew or at night to sim rain, it does a great job to boost the humidity, since emps love it damp.... i swear it looks like a horror movie to feed when it foggy crix walk into thew mist then a black monster pounces on the innocent little xcrik heheheheh

Thrasher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it's not as useful as i have expected, since you have to refill the water every 5 mins...and it throws water out like crazy, you might as well just pour water in ur tank...unless u have a waterfall or a larger container for it..I wouldn't even bother to use it...It's great for frogs but definily not scorps nor tarantuals....

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it is good for the emps, who cares if it throws water emps require high humidity.... but if ya dont like it then dont use it {D i love it and since i have been using it my scorps have been as active as ever, you might want to set it up at the oppposite end from their burrows, that way when the substrate gets wet it wont collapse the things.

also as suggested befor i have gotten an iv bag and it works great.... something you might want to try