Badly evolved pedipalp

slaviczavik

Arachnopeon
Hi, after I got a Theraphosa blondi sling I noticed it has badly evolved left pedipalp. I hoped it will get "repaired" after moult, but she moulted twice and it keeps same every time. Has anyone seen this before? I got T's with lost legs multiple times, but it got good after two or three moults.

Attachments

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
When I got a 1st/2nd instar GBB it was missing a leg, they’ve molted 3 times since then and it’s still just a little bit shorter then the others, so maybe it’ll just take a few more molts to reach the same size?

slaviczavik

Arachnopeon
When I got a 1st/2nd instar GBB it was missing a leg, they’ve molted 3 times since then and it’s still just a little bit shorter then the others, so maybe it’ll just take a few more molts to reach the same size?
Yeah, I'll keep it natural, hope it will get better next moult, even though there wasn't an improvement last two moults. Still makes me kind of sad.

Last edited:

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
I agree, I'm thinking it will probably just take a few more molts, give it some time. Ts are resilient creatures I'm sure that pedipalp will improve eventually

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
There have been times where I've gotten tarantulas that had a missing leg, a missing spinneret, etc. All grew back over the course of a few molts. There have even been cases of tarantulas missing almost all of their legs after bad molts that survived and ended up eventually thriving. I wouldn't be concerned.