B smithi death curl

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
UPDATE

No signs of improvement. Most likely due to how hard it is for her to get the water from the towls. currently i have flipped her on her back and im putting small amounts of water onto her fangs.

CalvinKelly

Arachnopeon
Hey, scar,

I just lost a Singapore blue spiderling (more like subadult, but nonetheless), and I think the ultimate blow was her cage was too large and I didn't change the substrate often enough (resulting in too many mites). You said you have kept the original substrate? I would recommend once your T *hopefully* recovers that you change its substrate a little more often (especially in such a small enclosure) to keep it free of mite infest.

Furthermore, I would recommend you stop flipping your T, as this may be causing a lot of stress. Just make sure you offer it plenty of water (if you are using tissues, make sure they are changed very often), don't offer it food yet; when a T has just molted and is still soft, or is sick, you should not offer food. Let if finish hardening, or relaxing before you offer it food.

Good luck, buddy!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
With respect, if you maintain the cage properly, there should be no reason to change substrate.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, scar,

I just lost a Singapore blue spiderling (more like subadult, but nonetheless), and I think the ultimate blow was her cage was too large and I didn't change the substrate often enough (resulting in too many mites). You said you have kept the original substrate? I would recommend once your T *hopefully* recovers that you change its substrate a little more often (especially in such a small enclosure) to keep it free of mite infest.

Furthermore, I would recommend you stop flipping your T, as this may be causing a lot of stress. Just make sure you offer it plenty of water (if you are using tissues, make sure they are changed very often), don't offer it food yet; when a T has just molted and is still soft, or is sick, you should not offer food. Let if finish hardening, or relaxing before you offer it food.

Good luck, buddy!
It hasnt improved in days with just tissues but mabey it just needs to be alone.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Theraphosids are solitary animals so they should be left alone as much as possible.