B albo molt with L para right behind

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The biggest of my asst little curly's molted today. It's a boy!

here's a pic. Check out the blue in the legs! It looks like that to the naked eye too.

here's his next door neighbor, Marcellus Wallace the L parahybana. That booty is just about as black as it's gonna get. I bet he flips in the next 24 hours or so...

Right now they're both about the same size; somewhere between 3.5" and 4". That will obviously change...

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Aaaand sure enough, the l para is on his back right now, not 2 hours later!

That's yet another case of t's that are neighbors molting practically simultaneously. It's GOT to be pheromonal or something... Thoughts?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is the curly hair mature now?
Congrats on the molts!
No but the exuvium looks pretty male to me. I'm pretty sure the LP is a boy also just from ventral examination. The last molt was too busted up to try.

Oh, and thanks!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Holy snikees! H gigas molted today too...

L para just popped his top and i'm goin 2 bed.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is what the L parahybana looked like this morning.

I think i'm starting to see some adult coloration. Could this be considered a juvie now?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aaaand sure enough, the l para is on his back right now, not 2 hours later!

That's yet another case of t's that are neighbors molting practically simultaneously. It's GOT to be pheromonal or something... Thoughts?
God your lucky by 8"+ female's booty is as dark as yours has been for a week and she still hasn't flipped.....she made a web (molting mat) but is just laying there no molt.....you are so lucky......I can't wait for her to molt.....I have a male wating for her......how long do you think it's going to be before she molts?......congrats on the molts that is so awesome....rob

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well Rob, this guy was acting premolt for at least 30 days and he's not even half the size of yours. However, usually when they've made a mat it's pretty close so you may only be a few days out. A good way to make sure it happens is to go away for a weekend, she'll make sure to molt while you're gone... lol

Btw, when that booty gets dark AND shiny you know it's comin' soon. watch for the glossy black butt.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well Rob, this guy was acting premolt for at least 30 days and he's not even half the size of yours. However, usually when they've made a mat it's pretty close so you may only be a few days out. A good way to make sure it happens is to go away for a weekend, she'll make sure to molt while you're gone... lol

Btw, when that booty gets dark AND shiny you know it's comin' soon. watch for the glossy black butt.
She's been in pre-molt for close to (2) months.....The mat thing is very weird.....she made a molting mat then moved and made another....then moved again ans is now staying....her but is so black she would get counted absent at night school.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is her butt so black that lightning bugs follow her in the daytime?