Avicularia sp. common name?

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
So I just purchased an Avicularia ulrichea getting crickets today and although I use the scientific names when discussing t’s I still like to know the common ones just for my own knowledge. I can’t seem to find much of anything online and it seems to be under “doubtful name” when I do find something. Anyone have anymore info that I’m missing on this ones common name?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pink Toe

I think it's hilarious you asked for the common name.

All Avics are Pink Toes here in the USA..it's a useless name esp for Avics.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Pink Toe

I think it's hilarious you asked for the common name.

All Avics are Pink Toes here in the USA..it's a useless name esp for Avics.
Still learning, wasn’t trying to be funny but thanks for the feedback

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Still learning, wasn’t trying to be funny but thanks for the feedback
I know you weren't...but it's hilarious. Everyone comes in here using common name, asking for sci name...you're the first Ive seen in doing the reverse, just hilarious.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
:rofl: I just try and be as knowledgeable about the t’s I buy, even after purchase I try and learn what I can. Even if it’s pointless/useless

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
All the new nomenclature especially after the revision of Avicularia honestly has me pretty confused too. And you're right, when someone says "Pink toe" you never really know what species they're talking about! The same thing goes with "birdeater" and "earth tiger". Drives me nuts because you never know what species someone is trying to discuss.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Which is exactly why I asked :rofl: Soooo confusing

I think common names are useful, to a point.
Yeah I am fairly new to the hobby but I learned real quick the sci names are just more practical when purchasing or discussing with other enthusiasts

cold blood

Staff member
Im pretty sure ulrichea is now rufa, along with a few others, most of which go by "yellow banded pink toe" or sonething along those lines

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Common names are confusing and don’t translate in between countries or even keepers. Overall It‘s recommended you learn the latin and avoid the usage of vernacular, most will recognise the species and it’ll avoid confusion...