Avic Avic sling care tips?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I have a MM and looking for a MF to mate them but I have no idea what conditions to keep the slings in. Any advice is appreciated :).

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm going to guess that you are very sure that you will definitely 100% be getting slings from this future breeding attempt ?

Do you think that you will find a MF in exactly the right phase of her moulting cycle to breed and that the person selling you this MF will have miraculously known that you was intending to breed her and so conditioned her for a few months before selling her to you ? :D

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
That would be nice although it might be difficult. I'm just trying to educate myself just in case the mating is successful.

Rogerpoco

Arachnopeon
I'm a little ahead of you,but only a little-in the middle of my first breeding try,purpureas,and like peterUK mentioned,it was only a perfect storm for the two to be available/ready at the same time.
Even a couple weeks ago,I assumed I'd mate the spiders,they'd do their thing,and I'd soon have babies.
It's NOT that simple. I think mebbe some people make it more difficult than it has to be,but you can't assume you will succeed just because you have done everything"right".
Great Luck to You,don't get me wrong. I'm guessing that if you pull of the breeding attempt,you'll figure out how to care for the slings.
I've recieved several different sp. avic slings in the small,standard deli-cups,they seem to do fine. The T's are small enough that it gives them some vertical space,but I don't think they need it at that size.
Have fun with it! Putting 2 T's together properly to mate has been one of the most exciting things ever!

Aginor

Arachnopeon
Nothing special, really, like with any other avic sling. Deli cups, a few drops on the supstrate/web every few days, and ventilation holes (can be cross ventilated but I raised 2 avics from sling to adult without cross ventilation so I consider that a semi-myth). Good luck with breeding!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Standard Avic sling set up, 2nd instar:

16 oz deli cup, 2 or 3 rows of holes around the upper sides for cross ventilation (none on the lid), 1" of fairly dry substrate, small piece of cork and small plastic plant, & small water bowl kept clean and full. Mist only once per week, and then very lightly and only on the silk. Don't hose down the cage. There shouldn't be condensation in the cage.

I use Zoo Med vining type plastic plants, $5 for the large bag, cut pieces to fit your cages.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Standard Avic sling set up, 2nd instar:

16 oz deli cup, 2 or 3 rows of holes around the upper sides for cross ventilation (none on the lid), 1" of fairly dry substrate, small piece of cork and small plastic plant, & small water bowl kept clean and full. Mist only once per week, and then very lightly and only on the silk. Don't hose down the cage. There shouldn't be condensation in the cage.

I use Zoo Med vining type plastic plants, $5 for the large bag, cut pieces to fit your cages.
Thanks for the tips.