Aphonopelma seemanni mystery loss?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Found unresponsive with very little movement.
It had a full water dish and it’s refilled multiple times a week so this is unexpected. I placed its fangs in the water dish but I’ve rarely seen recovery’s from this. No signs of injury. IMG_7011.jpeg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I’m sorry your spider is in a bad way. Trying to tell if I’m seeing this right, but are there multiple dimples in the abdomen?

LilithArachne

Arachnopeon
Crazy thought... use bottled water not tap if you got hard water in your area.
My T, Lucky, I refilled his dish with what I thought was filtered water but it wasn't and I was thirsty too!!! Poor thing drank the whole dish and was STILL thirsty. I cleaned his dish and filled it up with water from a bottle, he drank some and was back to his usual self.
I don't know if Ts particularly care or are affected by different kinds of water, but I thought I'd share just in case!!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Multiple times a week sounds like it could be wicking out...is it too damp in there?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My T, Lucky, I refilled his dish with what I thought was filtered water but it wasn't and I was thirsty too!!! Poor thing drank the whole dish and was STILL thirsty. I cleaned his dish and filled it up with water from a bottle, he drank some and was back to his usual self.
I don't know if Ts particularly care or are affected by different kinds of water, but I thought I'd share just in case!!
What's the aversion to hard water?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
City water is more of a concern to me with its additives. I put mine through a high quality filter.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Multiple times a week sounds like it could be wicking out...is it too damp in there?
Does not look like it , only the burrow is still wet ish we’re I watered the sub lightly .🥲 IMG_7022.jpeg
i use carbon filter and water softener tap water right now.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
City water is more of a concern to me with its additives. I put mine through a high quality filter.
I agree. Another option is to buy a few big jugs and fill them up at the grocery store. Where I live it's 50 cents per gallon for RO water. Worth it to me for peace of mind.

LilithArachne

Arachnopeon
What's the aversion to hard water?
For me, I grew up with well water and for some reason when I drink hard water it doesn't quench my thirst. I don't know why. For context, I live in a city and it has a lot of minerals in it. Water is drinkable, but not for me lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For me, I grew up with well water and for some reason when I drink hard water it doesn't quench my thirst. I don't know why. For context, I live in a city and it has a lot of minerals in it. Water is drinkable, but not for me lol
I had well water too, and it was cold, great for us. Everyone is different 🤣

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I found this pic fluid of some sort coming out it’s mouth ☹and an older one were it was using the burrow which I don’t understand why it abandoned. Any idea if this caused its demise I regularly wet the substrate but it looks a little dry in the pics above . Rip …the molt got destroyed so i could not check for sucking stomach . No plan to get another as I ran out of money, just trying to see if this pic is proof it was sick?🤒
IMG_8180.png IMG_8179.png