• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Aphonopelma anax

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bred successfully 4/15/05

Sharkbaited the male with the female as soon as he arrived on Tuesday. No sperm webs were witnessed by the owner or by myself, but I figured he may be loaded, so I would give it a try. Put the male in with the female earlier during the day, both ran off and wanted nothing to do with each other. So I decided to try a bit later, around 8:20pm. The male proceeded to the female, who slowly turned around once she noticed his presence...I had an incent holder between them, and I moved it just enough so they touched legs, then there was NO holding him back! LOL. He went right under it, and I moved it...he grabbed her carapace and started drumming on it, and then he worked her legs up enough to get her hooked, which took a minute or 2 due to the fact that she was up on the wall. Once he got it, he went under slowly...and did his insertions :) He was out of there in about 5 seconds!

Will wait to see the result. And hopefully he'll breed again with some of my other girls :)

Added: A. anax mated again, same female, same male 4/18/05.

Last edited:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a WC unrelated pair was mated on 5-27-06 by <reptist> prior to shipping the following wednesday. he noted the male vibrating, but no drumming from either individual. there was no aggression, and the mating went smoothly.

that male was cupped on 6-3-06 and 6-5-06 and placed in the female's enclosure to monitor behavior. neither time resulted in any drumming or vibrating. the male was let loose in the female's cage on 6-5-06, and after a few minutes he walked across her cage, past her, and out the other side. no aggression or interest from the female.

both have been housed next to each other since arriving last thursday, and both have eaten (especially the male!). will try another introduction by the end of the weekend.

re-introduced the pair. divided the female's cage and let the male wander over on his own time- he has been very agitated and skiddish at the slightest opening of his container.

male wandered over to the female after about 15 minutes. she turned around to face him and "assumed the position." he hooked her and held her for a good 5 minutes. i think i saw successfull insertions (he definitely had her close enough), but it was hard to tell through the plastic container.

bred again tonite. she was her normal cooperative self, and he was his normal skiddish self.

man, i hope i get a sac out of this! :wall:

bred again tonite. she was a bit grumpy, but he was definitely in the mood.

Last edited by a moderator:

reclusa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A. anax breeding

Put male into females cage approx 8:30 pm 10-4-06. Temp in room approx 81 degrees F. Male found female within 3 min and immediatly raised into faux threat pose and slapped ground infont of female. She then repositioned herself and tapped back. He slaped at ground 3 more times until she responded by raising up. He moved in and stayed hooked up for approx 5 min. with multiple insertions. :clap: :} She stayed perfectly motionless for the entire process. He then started to move away. Apon seperation from the female he made a hasty retreat away from her and out of the enclosure{D . I will put him back in a few days from now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Huge anax male breeding with my 4.5" female

introductions

money shot??

will try again in a day or so

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Big John X Hope A. anax

Mating took place relativly fast. they sat there for a while then bam he got her hooked up. Then held her off wiht one hook and streched out to get away unharmed lol it looked odd, Maybe being a 7" LS male has its advantages lol

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mating took place relativly fast. they sat there for a while then bam he got her hooked up. Then held her off wiht one hook and streched out to get away unharmed lol it looked odd, Maybe being a 7" LS male has its advantages lol

Second attempt, hooked up for several minutes , several insertins with both palps. had her bent way back. will try again an a few days..