any onekeep em

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I ran the fish dept at a local pet store for a bit. I always recommend people read the book aquariums for dummies. Really good book!! Even for people that have exp. with fish there is great info in there. Get it from petco, be careful not to damage the book and you can return it when you're done. It's like library on deposit. The main thing people don't realize is the bigger the tank the easier it is to maintain. Start with less fish and gradually (very gradually) add fish. Feed sparingly and make sure you have adequate filtration.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what do you mean by travel?

btw, another good book is The complete book of Freshwater And Marine fish

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Goldfish need at least ten gallons of water per fish AND a strong filter system, there's no magical way around it. You cannot keep one in an eleven-inch by four-inch tank and have it not be abuse.

Why do you suddenly want to travel with it?

Is this whole thread a troll? I don't know anymore. :liar:

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Goldfish need at least ten gallons of water per fish AND a strong filter system, there's no magical way around it. You cannot keep one in an eleven-inch by four-inch tank and have it not be abuse.

Why do you suddenly want to travel with it?

Is this whole thread a troll? I don't know anymore. :liar:
Goldfish need a pond! Everyone thinks they'll do fine in a 10 gallon, but they aren't aware that goldfish get REALLY big(not just koi, but your common goldfish, comets, etc, too).

I'm beginning to think the OP(original poster) is a troll, too.

bhoeschcod

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i ment i took it with me to my grannies btw she knows a lot more about keeping fish then my mom.

Ritzman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I purchased a black moor, lionhead goldfish, and a red cap oranda when they where the size of a quarter last year. I had them all in a 29gal tank and it was getting a bit over crowed because the fish where getting huuuge. I gave them to my mom last weekend. She has a tank that I can fit in(don't know gallonage).
I can't wait to see how big they get now.

FYI: the lionhead never grew his mane like he/she was supposed to. Deformed and goofy looking guy.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
FYI: the lionhead never grew his mane like he/she was supposed to. Deformed and goofy looking guy.
Hey ,no sense in bringing my brother into this doofywave.gif

Seriously, bhoeschcod?

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
7 ft? holt tolledo! you could get a good few fish in that!