Another "What am I" thread

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Someone brought this to my man asking what it was. He didnt know so they said "ask your wife"....as if I'd know... :rolleyes: So, to hide the fact that Im pretty much ignorant about common spiders, Im asking you guys to bail me out and tell me what it is so I can appear "educated" {D

Thanks
Michelle

Last edited:

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, that's the spider that is (also) the Daddy Long Legs. Pholmmmmffff phalangoides or something like that . Have to chase a kid. Will look up the proper name soon as possible..

Back. Pholcus phalangoides aka Long-Bodied Cellar Spider. If you have "Spiders and Their Kin", look on pages 32-33, for the full description.

Last edited:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Thats a daddy long leg??????? Its the skinniest one Ive ever seen if it is!!! AND it was webbing...it would set anchor webs where ever it went... Ive never seen a daddy long leg do that....I didnt think they could!!
Dang I shouldnt have let it go....

Michelle

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Daddy Long Legs is used for lots of creatures, from harvestmen (arachnids, but not spiders), to these types of spiders (your picture), and apparently, in England (and ?), even craneflies are sometimes referred to as Daddy Long Legs.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cellar spider, not daddy long legs. Geez.

*edit, just read your post, I was right :)

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Cooper said:
Cellar spider, not daddy long legs. Geez.

DOH....Ok I see!! Thanks guys! What a neat spider!!

Michelle

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Elizabeth said:
and apparently, in England (and ?), even craneflies are sometimes referred to as Daddy Long Legs.
Yup iv been know too still call them that now at 30 years old {D, all kinds of dumb storys about now they land on your face and wrap there leg's around your eye as you sleep still abound too :rolleyes: